Kiewit Corporation Early Career Field/Office Engineer - TIC Power in Lenexa, Kansas
Early Career Field/Office Engineer - TIC Power
Date: Dec 24, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 78532
Are you interested in being able to travel the country while working on complex projects that improve our economy and future? How about having an opportunity to become an employee owner at a Fortune 250 company where your opinion is valued? If this is something that interests you, Kiewit is looking for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day in an engineer role. We are looking for the next generation of workers who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire that it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by supervisor; review proposals, specifications and drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations.
• Relocate as required.
• Recent graduate with a degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control as well as to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills; strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic – highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Ability to travel and/or relocate as required
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, ERP, Electrical, Field Engineer, Engineering, Technology