Kiewit Corporation Design Build Manager- Municipal Water- Kiewit Water Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 107519
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Build Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Water Engineering (KWE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Design-Build Manager with primary focus on the Municipal Water market in our growing Design Build Management group based in Lenexa, KS, USA. You will be part of our growing Design Build Management team that is developing water and wastewater infrastructure solutions that seamlessly transition from design plans to completed projects that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
You will manage permanent design activities of Kiewit teams and external partners on municipal water design-build projects and pursuits. Design-Build municipal water projects include water treatment, wastewater treatment, groundwater remediation, water reuse, biosolids, stormwater recycle, conveyance, dams and storage and similar water/wastewater projects. The Design-Build Manager will be responsible for administering and managing design teams to meet project financial, schedule, and construction objectives, consistent with Kiewit's standard operating procedures.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This role will be based out of Kiewit's Lenexa, KS office (Kansas City area).
• Overall management of the internal and external project design team
• Facilitates effective communication between design and construction project leadership
• Plans and coordinates the activities of the design-build process with all stakeholders
• Communicates project design and performance status with Clients and permitting agencies
• Resolves conflicts that arise through partnering with designers, clients, and construction
• Has a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations for the project to ensure design requirements of the contract are met
• Supports construction priorities and ensures their implementation through the design
• Promotes design-build best practices, including constructability reviews, schedule compliance and quantity management
• Monitors and tracks the design schedule and design budget
• Connects appropriate Kiewit Engineering resources to projects
• Manages and interprets data and results for multiple projects
• Responsible for the design fee estimate and Engineering Contracts for his/her project(s)
• Identifies current and future risks along with mitigation strategies
• Consolidates best practices from project execution
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related engineering degree
• 15+ years’ experience with focus on Design-Build / EPC project delivery in municipal water market
• 10+ years’ experience on managing an engineering and design team of at least 20 or more
• Ability to travel as needed (25%-75%)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.