Kiewit Civil Designer - Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 169514
Job Level: Entry Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Drafting & Design
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Power Engineering is seeking an Early Career Civil Designer for our Kansas City office. We are looking for ideal candidates to grow the Kiewit team by helping establish, maintain, and improve company standards and tools while also utilizing these standards and tools to contribute to project success. Candidates shall be familiar with current drawing and technical tools, programs, and software with an understanding of design documentation creation and layouts. Candidates shall be capable of exhibiting flexibility in work assignments while maintaining a growth mindset and continuing to develop in their technical and professional career.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district , which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Assist with 3D modeling and plan production ensuring correct reference files are attached and model reference directory is up to date; develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Coordinate with project team and report project progression updates and or issues to Lead Designer as required.
• Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Help create guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge base documents as assigned.
• Collaborate with team members in design and drafting techniques to challenge abilities; provide constructive feedback to aid in employee development.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Assist in completion of as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participate in project and layout meetings; coordinate and assist in activities of project team members.
• Associate or Bachelor degree or vocational training program in Design and Drafting Technology and 0-2 years of Civil design experience or a related field; or High school diploma or General education degree (GED) and a minimum of 1-2 years of Civil design experience
• Proficient in utilizing a Computer-Aided Drafting program such as MicroStation, Navis Works, AutoCad or AutoCad Civil 3D.
• Basic knowledge of civil engineering concepts such as grading and storm drainage.
• Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems, spreadsheets, and databases
• Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting request
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.