Kiewit Corporation BIM/Designer- Industrial Building Group in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 160341
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Industrial Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
The Industrial Building Group (IBG) BIM/Designer will be responsible for development and execution of Building design deliverables including multi-discipline 3D models and construction documents. This role is located in Lenexa, KS, with the opportunity for flexible work. This position will focus on the execution of a variety of building projects related to the Power, Industrial, Water, Infrastructure and Services industries.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Execution of multi-discipline project design deliverables in Revit, as assigned by the project lead.
• Work in a team environment with other designers and architects/engineers to meet the goals of the projects.
• Provide quality checks for deliverables in accordance with company standards
• Participate in BIM/Revit process, tool and standard development/maintenance
• Become familiar with company “design-build” engineering design processes
• Proficient in Revit, MEP experience a plus
• Proficient in Navisworks
• Experience in industrial building design
• Experience with industrial projects in the Power, Water and Food & Beverage markets, is a plus
• Possesses and demonstrates effective team skills
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and reaches resolution with a variety of audiences
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills
• High degree of self-motivation and positive motivating capacity to work with others
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• FIELD ROLES ONLY May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.