General Dynamics Information Technology Senior Unified Communications Engineer in Leavenworth, Kansas
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Public Trust/Other Required: BI Full 6C (T4)
Job Family: Systems Engineering
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges and provide world class support.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology and support our government customer. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you’ll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Senior Unified Communications Engineer joining our team to support AmeriCorps.
At GDIT, we foster a people-centric environment. As a Senior Unified Communications Engineer supporting AmeriCorps, you will be trusted to develop UC plans, execute migration from legacy UC environment, and support new Microsoft-based UC solution. In this role, a typical day will include:
Providing technical support of UC environment (telephony, video, network and other collaboration) by monitoring UC hardware and software products and maintaining documentation.
Troubleshooting UC environment problems.
Responding to and following up on internal and external UC support problems.
Develop and implement migration of Legacy UC to Microsoft-based UC environment.
Architect and design of network/UC systems
Identify and implement automation, as required.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
● Full-flex work week
● 401K with company match
● Customizable health benefits packages
● Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Rewards program for high-performing employees
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• BS/BA Degree
• 10+ years IT knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience and/or training in network/UC engineering and administration including 4-7 years in Unified Communication space
• Knowledge of Microft Voice, Skype/Teams, M365, scripting and Ticketing system (Remedy or ServiceNow)
• Experience in a lead engineering role with the design, administration and troubleshooting of enterprise-class VoIP systems, preferably Microsoft and Cisco VoIP systems.
• Experience in a lead engineering role supporting the daily operation of telephony, video, network and other Unified Collaboration (UC) devices.
• Experience leading enterprise VoIP migration and deployment projects.
• Hands on experience with Windows PowerShell for performing Office365 administration tasks and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
• Experience implementing, managing and troubleshooting Quality of Service (QOS) for UC environments.
• Public Trust Level 4 (full background investigation)
• ITIL foundations certification desired
• Security+ certification required or the ability to obtain within 3 months of start
More on the position:
Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and coordinates the use and proper operation of Cisco and MS Teams UC environments.
Leads an enterprise-wide project to migrate from Cisco 11.5 UC environment to a MS Teams UC environment.
Evaluates UC hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
Maintains UC user accounts and security policies.
Manages UC hardware/equipment and software.
Maintains and updates system security plans on all UC platforms.
Implements, documents, and coordinates UC policies, procedures, and standards.
Enforces security procedures for UC environment.
Maintains prescribed procedures to be followed routinely in the form of standard operating procedures and/or work instruction.
Utilizes monitoring, mapping and alerting software to perform UC management by proactively collecting data and conducting real-time analysis of the performance of the network/UC.
Monitors the UC system to ensure call quality is optimum (including monitoring Quality of Service (QoS) performance).
Provides knowledgeable consulting, technical guidance to technical review boards; configuration control boards; developers, engineers and senior managers.
Manages IP Phones and Conference devices.
Troubleshoots IP Telephony Solutions.
Creates and updates Windows PowerShell scripts for performing Office365 administration tasks and troubleshooting.
Creates and updates scripts with Perl or Python scripting language.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.