Alamo Group Inc. Machinist II in Leavenworth, Kansas
Henke Manufacturing, a leading manufacturer of high quality snow equipment is currently accepting applications for Machinist on our first or second shift at our location in Leavenworth, Kansas (25 minutes from Kansas City).
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for this opportunity through theAlamo Group Inc. Career Center.
Under moderate supervision, sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling and boring machines to machine metal work pieces according to specifications, tooling instructions and standard charts. Produces machined parts to fractional tolerances and pulls and sets fixtures and tooling for machines. Applies intermediate machining theory and procedures to operate required equipment. Ensures that machined parts, components and products meet Henke standards. May train others in the efficient operation of Henke machining equipment.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Set up and operate conventional and/or CNC metal machining equipment for the production of Henke's line of products.
- Reads and interprets blue prints or job orders for product specifications.
- Places material and/or workpiece in jig or fixture, manually, by hoist or forklift and secures workpiece in machine.
- Positions, aligns and verifies positioning of guides using measuring instruments to determine. reference points and compute layout dimensions as indicated by job specifications.
- Observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Performs multi-machining, editing and simple programming when required.
- Uses hand tools to grind and clean fabricated parts to meet required tolerances and specifications.
- Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Changes out worn cutting tools.
- May train other machinists.
- May be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary to support the manufacturing and machining operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge and advanced understanding of metal machining techniques.
Knowledge of machnies and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Knowledge of shop math with practicle understanding of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
Skilled in the operation of grinders, deburring equipment, broaching machines, and other metal machining equipment; to include conventional and basic CNC equipment.
Able to read and interpret blueprints and machining instructions to determine work requirements.
Able to plan and organize work from bill of materials and production schedules.
Able to use hand and power tools.
Able to operate a manual crane hoist, forklift, and hand truck.
Able to perform measurements using tape measure, protractor, square, calipers, micrometers and other measuring devices.
Effective communication skills to provide information to supervisors, leads, co-workers and subordinates, in written form or in person.
Able to wear personal protective equipment.
Able to service, repair, adjust, and test machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
Able to train others.
Able to work overtime and/or including weekends as production schedules dictate.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum of 2-5 years of previous metal machining experience; preferably in manufacturing production environment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in a non-climate controlled metal manufacturing production environment, with frequent standing, twisting, bending, stooping, and climbing in and around metal fabricated parts. Frequent lifting, pushing or pulling of 40 pounds alone and 100> pounds with assistance. Requires sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity to identify required material and operate production fabrication equipment (i.e. handtools, power tools, handtruck, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled