Kansas Employer In Home Support Coordinator #23-5-5 in Leavenworth, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12550428
LEAVENWORTH COUNTY JOB OPENING
POSITION: In-Home Support Coordinator SALARY: \$19.71/hour
County Employees Only: May apply at the Human Resources Department, 1st Floor, Suite 104, in the County
General Public: May apply at the Leavenworth Workforce Center, 515 Limit Street, Leavenworth, Kansas or
EMAIL applications to email@example.com or fax the application to (913) 684-1028. Application may be
found on the Leavenworth County website at www.leavenworthcounty.gov under Departments / Human
Resources / Apply Here
This position closes when filled
LEAVENWORTH COUNTY JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: In-Home Support Coordinator- FT
DEPARTMENT: Council on Aging
PAY LEVEL: Level 11 Step 2
EXEMPT/ NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
LOCATION: 711 Marshall Street, Suite 100
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director
\% OF TIME ACCOUNTABILITIES
55% Coordinates In-Home Support Services program including supervising In-Home Support
Specialist team and providing services to seniors age 60+ who need assistance with
essential errands and grocery shopping.
20% Facilitates a Leisure & Learning program activity and Heart to Heart Transportation
20% Assists Assistant Director with large agency events and fundraising activities and
coordinates agencys seasonal dcor
5% All other duties as assigned.
This position provides In-Home Support shopping services for seniors age 60 and over who need assistance with
essential errands and grocery shopping. The In-Home Support Coordinator manages a team of In-Home Support
Specialists. This position also facilitates a Leisure and Learning Program activity and assists with large agency events and
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Serves as the face of the department, offering friendly service to those calling in on the phone.
2. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Organizes work, sets priorities, meets critical deadlines and completes tasks with minimal direction.
4. Possesses proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and data entry.
5. Understands and follows oral and written instructions.
6. Establishes and maintains effective collaborative working relationships with co-workers.
7. Ability to collect data, maintain records and navigate the agencys reporting system.
8. Prepares weekly reports of program status and units served.
9. Ability to be innovative in the planning, development and implementation of a Leisure and Learning program
1. Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing with clients and co-workers.
2. Ability to relate to and communicate with older adults who are dependent on community services to remain in their
3. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, other agencies and or departments,
supervisors, and co-workers.
4. Maintains a professional working attitude and professional dress while representing the agency.
1. Schedules appointments and provides support for clients age 60 and over who need assistance with essential
errands and grocery shopping and attendant services.
2. Supervises In-Home Support Specialist team.
3. Facilitates a Leisure and Learning Program offering.
4. Collects data, maintains records and reports service units in weekly report.
5. Maintains client records in agency database, ServTracker.
6. All other duties as assigned.
Work is performed outside transporting meals and shopping with exposure to all weather conditions as we ll as in a
modern, smoke free environment.
High School diploma or GED
Any combination of experience and training equivalent to graduation from business or vocational school or two
years of experience in customer service and general office work.
Ability to pass KBI background check.
Possess a valid Kansas Drivers License
Vision Ability to drive and to use necessary visual resources.
Hearing Adequate for normal conversation with employees and the general public.
Speech Must be able to speak and understand the English language clearly to provide detailed
information by telephone and in person.
Walking 50% - when shopping and doing senior events
Sitting 30% - when driving & office work
Lifting/Carrying Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Pushing/Pulling When pushing shopping cart.