University of Kansas Undergraduate Research Assistant/Programmer-Student Hourly in Lawrence, Kansas
Dr. Davidson is looking for KU undergraduate students to assist in research activities, primarily involving programming and support tasks for ongoing research projects.
Duties include: Creating and testing research software The evaluation of research tools Validating experiments Assisting researchers in user studies
- Knowledge of research and production codebases as shown by application materials
- Strong interest in computer security
- Sound fundamentals in program analysis and software engineering as demonstrated by application materials
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Drew Davidson: email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include Cover Letter and a Resume. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Application review begins on 09/16/2018 and will be ongoing until a qualified pool of applicants is found.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Advertised Salary Range: $11.00/hour
Application Review Begins: 16-Sep-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence