University of Kansas Technical Support Student Hourly in Lawrence, Kansas
The Center for Research Methods and Data Analysis (CRMDA) has one part-time position available for an Undergraduate Student Hourly Technical Support Assistant. Personnel of CRMDA conduct statistical analysis for center customers. This position will assist CRMDA personnel by performing one or more of the following: operating system administration, software installation and maintenance, web content management, and web programming.
The Responsibilities for this position are:
- Technical support for the CRMDA on operating systems, installing software, troubleshooting, web programming, webmastering, set up and tear down technical equipment for seminars, conference calls, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system is required. Applicant must be familiar with the login process and usage of the command line interface as stated in application materials.
- Organizational skills for keeping a well-organized file system while adding and re-arranging content as indicated in application materials.
- During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Familiarity with the KU Drupal-based Content Management System.
- Familiarity with installation and removal of software on Microsoft Windows and Linux systems.
- Familiarity with maintenance and development concepts for data-base backed websites (such as Trac), or PHP programs.
Contact Information to Applicants
Auburn Packer email@example.com
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a Cover Letter and a Resume. Apply online and submit a letter describing your qualifications for this position. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins on April 30, 2018 and will continue until an applicant pool has been identified.
Varies. Flexible around school schedule, however, within the hours of 9-5, M-F.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Advertised Salary Range: $12.00
Application Review Begins: 30-Apr-2018
Work Location: Lawrence
Anticipated Start Date: 14-May-2018