Midwest Health Server in Lawrence, Kansas
The Server performs duties involving serving residents during meal times in a restaurant-style dining room, pub or coffee shop as needed. Must be comfortable in a dynamic environment and enjoy working with seniors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Director.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Responsible for taking meal orders from residents ordering from a menu in a restaurant-style dining room and conveying orders to the kitchen staff in an efficient manner.
- Responsible for creating a friendly and respectful relationship with all residents and providing excellent customer service.
- Monitors all residents and guests during meal times to assure their needs are met.
- Maintains cooperative relationship with kitchen staff and other staff members in support of good communication and service.
- May deliver meals to apartments if residents are unable to come to the dining room or pub for meals.
- Assists the Chef and/or Executive Director with duties in the pub, coffee shop or other areas as needed.
Server reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for communicating relevant information to the Chef and culinary team. Job Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by State regulations and Company policy which may include medical and physical examinations.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 30 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such a weight a minimum distance of 4 feet.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting, and perform other common physical movements as needed for your position.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the Community.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.