University of Kansas POOL - Student Hourly - Resource Sharing in Lawrence, Kansas
*Note - Applicants have the option of starting in July. See additional candidate instructions section on submitting available work times.**
Duties include one or more of the following:
- Opening incoming mail (ie books, media items, journal issues, etc).
- Checking-in library materials in various systems (ILLiad, Voyager)
- Processing library materials (including placing holds, checking out, labeling, & routing)
- Preparing borrowed material to be mailed back to lending libraries.
- Sorting and shelving journals in Watson periodicals location.
- Creating, editing and maintaining library records
- Retrieving print books and journals from KU’s collection
- Scanning items for electronic delivery
- Searching KU’s electronic journal subscriptions for requested materials to provide to requester.
- Statistical projects & running/verifying usage report
- Other duties as assigned.
These duties require a high level of accuracy and speed, as well as the ability to quickly learn and retain very detailed, time-sensitive, and complex procedures. The work performed must meet established quality and turnaround time standards.
- KU Student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Willingness to maintain assigned work schedule.
- Availability to work a regular schedule of at least 10 hours a week between 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday. And to work those hours in blocks of at least 2-3 hours.
- Library work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to public service.
- Experience with computers, library online catalog, scanners and software applications, e.g. word processing, adobe acrobat, databases.
- Knowledge of one or more Western European languages.
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately perform extremely detailed work.
- Problem solving skills.
Contact Information to Applicants
Nishon Hawkins 4-8895 firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
- Applicants are required to attach either a cover letter or resume to your application.
- Applicant must include hours you are available to work.
- **Applicant must follow below directions on submitting available work times. Review of applications begins June 16, 2018 and will continue as positions become available.
**Due to the daily time deadlines of the work in our department, we have a separate (more specific) availability sheet we'd like you to fill out, instead of the system's pre-generated one. Please complete the following steps to ensure you fill this out correctly and accurately:
* * Click and download the document from the following link: * https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BrQM3-49aDKw0hVKh-dT6sIQbSIkPPWGqL5eN3R4LL4/edit?usp=sharing * Create your own copy of this document (title it LASTNAME_Availability) and fill it in as instructed on the sheet, for your Fall Semester Availability. * * Upload your availability to the "Other Documents" section on the application form for us to view. * Please email Nishon Hawkins at email@example.com if you have any questions over how to do this!
10-20 hours/week between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Advertised Salary Range: $8.00/hr
Application Review Begins: 16-Jun-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence
Anticipated Start Date: 16-Jul-2018