University of Kansas POOL - Facility Assistant-Student Hourly in Lawrence, Kansas
KU Recreation Services, a department within Student Affairs, provides a campus-wide impact at the University of Kansas by improving the quality of life for all students, faculty, staff, affiliates, retirees, alumni, spouses, and domestic partners. KU Recreation Services provides state-of-the-art recreational programs (Fitness, Intramurals, Outdoor Pursuits, and Sport Clubs), facilities, and services.
The Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center (ASRFC) is a $17 million facility which opened in September 2003. In 2008, a $6.3 million expansion was completed, increasing the total indoor space to 150,000 square feet. The ASRFC is comprised of many different activity spaces: 16,000 square feet of cardiovascular resistance training and free weight equipment, six indoor basketball/volleyball courts, a three-lane suspended jogging track, an aerobics studio, a martial arts studio, four racquetball courts, one squash court, a dasher board system gymnasium, a golf simulator, a 42-foot climbing wall and bouldering wall, two outdoor basketball courts, a conference room, and multimedia room.
A facility assistant can work in one or more of the four responsibility areas within the ASRFC during a given shift. In each area, an assistant shall enforce and implement policies and procedures and complete particular responsibilities so that the University population has the opportunity to participate in desired recreational programs, facilities, and services. The four responsibility areas an assistant can work are: Welcome Center; Equipment Check-Out, and Special Events. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
General Responsibilities and Expectations
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with a high level of integrity and consistency.
- Act with personal responsibility.
- Enforcement of Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Cleaning and maintaining building as needed.
- Scanning of KUID’s, ASRFC ID’s and finger scans as to enforce access policies.
- Dissemination of KU Recreation Services program publicity while assisting participants with general facility information.
- Booking Simulator reservations.
- Checking out equipment.
- Assist participants with equipment.
- Collecting and documenting broken equipment for follow up.
- Operating and maintaining washing machines and dryers.
- Staff Special Events in building, at Shenk and Outdoor Volleyball sites as assigned or scheduled.
- Assist with event set up and tear down.
- Fill out special event reports with detailed information and collect waivers.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at KU.
- Must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within one month of appointment.
- Good oral communication skills as evidenced in application material.
- Flexible Work Schedule.
- Work Study Eligible.
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience.
- Proven ability to Multi-task.
- CPR/AED certification.
Contact Information to Applicants
Jeremy Chance email@example.com 785-864-1372
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete Application Includes: Online application, resume and cover letter.
Requisition will stay open until all positions are filled.
Fall and Spring Semesters. The Summer Semester is optional and is covered by those who are available to work. Work days: Monday-Sunday with morning hours (5:15am), afternoon, evening, and night hours (closing at midnight). Assistants are expected to work weekend hours on a regular basis.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policiesprocedures/categorydetails/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Advertised Salary Range: 7.75
Application Review Begins: 08-Jul-2019
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence