Indian Health Service Pharmacist in Lawrence, Kansas
Pharmacist positions are located at one of the Indian hospitals, clinics, or health centers in the Oklahoma City Area. The purpose of this position is to perform Pharmacist duties providing direct pharmaceutical care in the pharmacy program. The incumbent will be supervised by the facility Supervisory Pharmacist. Possible other locations throughout Oklahoma and Kansas.
FOR PROGRAM INFORMATION: Contact Tracie Patten, Pharmacy Consultant at 405-951-6035, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a variety of complex functions in the pharmacy area of clinical pharmacy and pharmacotherapy
- Develops, plans, organizes, implements, maintains and performs annual outcome measurements of all pharmacy based clinical services
- Develops patient education programs to promote safe and effective use of medications
- Provides drug information to patients and providers
- Presents outcome data at local and national meetings
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- Selectee may be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- Must possess and maintain a current, unrestricted Pharmacist license
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: Education: A doctoral degree in Pharmacy that is recognized by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (external link) (ACPE) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (external link) at the time the degree was obtained.
Licensure: All applicants must have passed the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (external link) (NAPLEX) and the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (external link) (MPJE). Applicants also must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Experience: Applicant's qualifications background must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary to perform the work of the position. Pharmacy work requires knowledge of the use, clinical effects, and composition of medications, including their chemical, biological, and physical properties. Qualifying professional pharmacy experience may involve, but is not limited to: * Dispensing medications prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and providing information to health practitioners and patients about proper usage of medications and side effects; * Evaluating medication use patterns and outcomes for patients in hospitals or managed care organizations; * Performing administrative, consultative, or staff advisory work for a medical facility's pharmacy program; * Planning, monitoring and evaluating medication programs or regimens; * Establishing medication-handling procedures for the storage and preservation of medications; * Researching medical literature and/or clinical medication information to provide accurate responses to inquiries; and/or * Maintaining all medication records required by law. Basic Requirements for the GS-11 (or equivalent) Grade Level 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree, Ph.D., Pharm.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Basic Requirements for the GS-12 (or equivalent) Grade Level In addition to the requirements for the GS-11 (or equivalent) level, applicants must have a minimum of one year of professional pharmacy experience.
Medical Requirements Applicants must be able to distinguish basic colors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: For GS-12 Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: I have one year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-11 grade level. This experience is related to the work of the position in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement. Examples include: Dispensing medications prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners and providing information to health practitioners and patients about proper usage of medications and side effects; Evaluating medication use patterns and outcomes for patients in hospitals or managed care organizations; Performing administrative, consultative, or staff advisory work for a medical facility's pharmacy program; Planning, monitoring and evaluating medication programs or regimens; Establishing medication-handling procedures for the storage and preservation of medications; Researching medical literature and/or clinical medication information to provide accurate responses to inquiries; and/or Maintaining all medication records required by law.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
Appointment may be Permanent, Temporary, Excepted Time-Limited, or Term with tour of duty of Full-Time, Part-Time or Intermittent. The Agency has the option of extending Time-Limited and Term appointments for up to a maximum of four years. Temporary positions not to exceed 12 months or less are subject to termination at any time. The Agency has the option of extending Temporary position appointments for up to a maximum of two years. Positions filled by Commissioned Corps will be Full Time Permanent Positions only.
This position may have promotion potential to the GS-12 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
This Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) allows acceptance of applications throughout the year with eligible applicants being placed on the OCA register and referred for consideration when vacancies occur. Your application will expire in 3 months. You must reapply at least every 3 months to keep your application active for this vacancy.
This position is being announced concurrently under Direct Hire authority procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-18-OK-10050212-DHA; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave is earned.
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
This position may or may not be covered by a Bargaining Unit depending on location.
Recruitment or relocation incentives may be authorized. At least a 6 month service agreement will be required. Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The Indian Health Service (IHS), National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) have student loan repayment programs for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information please visit: For IHS - http://www.ihs.gov/loanrepayment/ For NHSC - https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/ For HRSA Nurse Corps - http://www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/index.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- This position is covered by Public Law 101-630, the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Protection Act (25 United States Code Chapter 34) requiring contact or control over Indian children. Due to this law, the agency must ensure that persons hired for these positions have not been found guilty of or pleaded nolo contendere or guilty to certain crimes.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- May work an alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights or overnights/weekends/holidays; depending on location.
- Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required and on the extent to which your application shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. To determine if you are qualified for this position, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against the qualifications as defined in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement and your responses to the assessment questions. You will be further evaluated/rated based on the information provided in your resume (your resume must state specific duties that relate to this position) and your responses to the assessment questions to determine your competency in the following:
- Attention to Detail
- customer Service
- Technology Applications You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the assessment questionnaires. If after reviewing your resume and responses to the assessment questions, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration.
The following links below provide information on how you may be eligible for various hiring authorities. If you are a Veteran, qualified CTAP and ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links below for additional guidance: * Veterans , i.e. (VEOA, VRA, and 30% or more disabled) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/veterans-services/vet-guide/ * Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) - https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/supporting-documents/permanentDocs/ctap.doc * Interagency Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ * Schedule A Appointments for the Disabled - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/hiring/
Click here to view vacancy questions:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10050213 . All documents above MUST be received by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date of 12/31/2018, to be considered.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
Drug test required
- Required Documents
Required Documentation for Eligibility and Preference:
- Resume: You are highly encouraged to use USAJOBS Resume Builder to ensure all required information is included in your Resume. If you use your own resume, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that includes beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed, annual salary, and description of job duties. Include name and address of employer; supervisor name and telephone number.
- Indian Preference Applicants: If claiming Indian preference, applicants must provide a completed copy of the Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the BIA and IHS Only." Indian preference will not be given unless a properly signed and dated form is submitted with your application, including any verification by an authorized Tribal Representative or BIA Official of tribal enrollment records. For detailed instructions, see form BIA-4432. Refer to BIA-4432 link: https://www.bia.gov/sites/bia.gov/files/assets/public/raca/onlineforms/pdf/IndianPref1076-0160Exp3-31-21.pdf. When an Indian Preference candidate possesses Veterans' preference the rules regarding Veterans' preference apply under ESEP and the applicant must provide documentation in order to receive preference.
- Veterans Preference: If claiming Veteran's Preference provide a copy of your DD214 Form (Member 4 copy). To claim 10-Point Veteran's Preference, submit a SF-15 Application (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/SF15.pdf) along with the appropriate supporting documentation. For additional information regarding Veterans Preference visit: www.fedshirevets.gov
- Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP, follow the instructions below: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ctapguideline.pdf.
- Current or former Federal employee: Include your most recent SF50 or if Reinstatement eligible include your Career SF-50.
- Noncompetitive eligibles:submit additional documents to prove your eligibility to apply to this vacancy.
- Licensure - Must submit a copy of your current, valid, active, unrestricted Pharmacist license from a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia. License must show expiration date.
- Transcripts - Must be provided if substituting education for experience and/or if education is required for this position. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable but official transcripts will be required before entrance on duty Your application package MUST be complete by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 12/31/2018, the closing of this announcement.
The selected individual is required to obtain and maintain licensure requirements. If licensure requirements are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
The first Cut-off date for receipt/referral of applications to be considered for available vacant positions will be 01/31/2018. Other Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. 10 pt. Veterans Preference applicants who submit a complete application after a Cut-off date but before the List of Eligibles is issued, will be considered and referred on the list, if qualified.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below. Click 'Apply' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. 1. Follow the prompts to upload required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire. 2. Please ensure you click the 'Submit Application' button to submit your application. 3. Applications must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration. 4. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Home, then click the Job Title to expand the details. Return to an incomplete application by clicking Apply Online in the vacancy announcement and re-selecting your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account.
The IHS provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Office (LaDonna Cortez, (405) 951-3727, and/or Donna.Cortez@ihs.gov.) The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
For additional questions please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) found here: https://www.ihs.gov/jobs/index.cfm?module=faq
Agency contact information
Oklahoma Area Indian Health Service 701 Market Drive Oklahoma City, OK 73114 US
Learn more about this agency
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJobs account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJobs that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJobs Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the human resources office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
**If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed are received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/489581000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/25/2018 to 12/31/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 11 - 12
Salary: $84,904 to $120,840 per year
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules