University of Kansas Office Assistant - Student Hourly in Lawrence, Kansas
The University of Kansas School of Education Business Center is looking for an Office Assistant to perform financial tasks such as bank deposits and transaction auditing. The successful candidate will have Monday-Friday availability, be able to work during some school breaks and through the summer, and have the ability to commit 10-15 hours per week in minimum 2-4 hour increments.
100% - Assisting the School of Education Business Manager with office tasks, including making deposits, auditing transactions, assisting with reports in Excel, and various off activities.
- KU student must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours each semester during the academic year. Enrollment of one credit hour during the summer session is required if the student was not enrolled the previous spring or is not pre-enrolled in the upcoming fall term.
- Experience working in an office performing accounting and administrative duties, as evidenced in application materials.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently on projects, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
- Independent with a high degree of accuracy; excellent organizational an communication skills; punctual and dependable.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience handling confidential materials.
- Previous experience working with financial projects.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Experience working in a fast paced and consistently busy environment.
Contact Information to Applicants
Shanna WIlliams firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application consists of: Completion of the online application Resume Cover Letter Professional References
Review of applications begins on September 17, 2018. To ensure consideration, please apply by then.
10-15 hours a week. Flexible work schedule between 8:30am - 4:30pm, in no less than 2 hour increments
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Advertised Salary Range: $8.00/hour
Application Review Begins: 17-Sep-2018
Work Location: University of Kansas - Lawrence