Kiewit Corporation Early Career Quality Coordinator - Various Locations (2021) in KansasCity, Kansas
Requisition ID: 107139
Job Level: Entry Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Quality Coordinator, you will report directly to the Quality Manager, and will administer the Company Quality Plan. In this role, you will be responsible for assuring that quality standards and procedures are disseminated and implemented throughout the company. You will perform and report on internal quality system audits and assists in the overall administration of the internal audit program.
Kiewit provides engineering, procurement, installation, and construction projects for multiple industries. It is Kiewit’s policy to meet project requirements as defined by the project contract documents and to adhere to corporate quality objectives and principles.
Our principal quality objectives are to meet or exceed clients’ expectations and to eliminate rework by performing our work “right the first time”.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Maintain a high level of understanding of company standards and guidelines
• Maintain Client Critique Schedules, Tracking and Trends
• Provide update to employees on client critique results
• Maintain Corrective Action Reports
• Facilitate Root Cause Analysis
• Maintain a solid knowledge base of District Quality Manuals
• Identify potential quality incidents before they arise
• Participate in district standards meetings and provide input/feedback as it relates to quality assurance.
• Understand requirements of ISO 9001 Standards.
• Help in the planning of, and participates in, internal quality audits. Conduct reviews of required documents and support materials, interviews staff, and administers online audit questions to assess compliance with documented procedures.
• Provide administrative support for audits, other Quality Department programs and initiatives, and Monthly Operations Reviews.
• Facilitate quality presentations
• Disseminate quality information in the office and on the intranet, send results to managers on a weekly basis, writing monthly articles for company newsletter, presenting information at department discipline meetings, etc.
• Mentor Project Quality Coordinators
• Draft and maintain a Project Quality Plan for any given project including the Quality activities required on a project and associated metrics
Ability to travel and relocate as needed
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, welding technology or related field
Working knowledge of quality control procedures relating to construction activities is preferred
ASQ, CQM, CQA or CWI certified and inspection experience a plus
Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.