Mattel Seasonal Retail Associate in Kansas, Kansas
Mattel is a global, purpose-driven company that helps children learn and develop through play. By inspiring wonder in the next generation, Mattel is committed to shaping a brighter tomorrow, with play experiences that capture kids’ hearts, open their minds and unlock their potential through play. With worldwide net sales of more than $5.5B, a workforce in 40 countries, and products sold in over 150 nations, Mattel is a Fortune 500, multinational design, marketing and manufacturing powerhouse.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl Kansas City is looking for dynamic individuals as Seasonal Retail Associateswho have the interpersonal skills to provide prompt, efficient and exceptional sales assistance within our customer-oriented environment.
- Approach, acknowledge and assist customers promptly; handle multiple customers effectively.
- Assess and meet customer merchandise and service needs by sharing product knowledge, answering questions and directing customers to merchandise, suggestive upselling, and awareness of product availability.
- Share information on store events, promotions and activities with customers.
- Promptly and accurately process all point-of-sale transactions.
- Help resolve customer problems and make suggestions/share product knowledge to turn returns into exchanges.
- Communicate merchandise and service needs to management on timely basis.
- Provide assistance to accomplish team and company goals.
Experience, Education & Skills
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Sales experience in the specialty retail or service industry, preferred.
- Must possess basic computer skills; some experience using a POS System, preferable.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule, including days, nights and weekends.
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl’s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and American Girl’s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators. Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Posting Title: Seasonal Retail Associate
Requisition Number: 182241
Location: AG Kansas Store
Zip Code: 66214
Job Category: Retail Sales/Merchandising