TEKsystems Systems Engineer in Kansas City, Kansas
Description:This Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing a high level of customers service by providing end user support to clients in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have technical support of Windows and/or Linux based server systems, virtualization technology, shared storage, email and unified communications, security access controls, data networking, backup/DR, etc with a passion for the providing a memorable client experience. The role will float throughout the organization to provide additional or back up support for the operations team. The SE also requires personal and administrative skills, such as initiative, time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, project assessment, scoping, estimation, time allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, and testing and solution deployment.
If you have an energetic attitude which thrives on collaboration and teamwork, inspiring talent, and working with the best in class team, we are interested in having you join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Systems Engineer will provide additional staffing support to the Network Operations Team, Managed Services and Technical Team as assigned by the Data Center Manager
• Provides advanced technical support for each client’s server-based systems and environment as a whole
• Provides advanced technical support for each client’s collaborative technology, including email and unified communication systems
• Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s virtualization and shared storage environments
• Provides intermediate technical support for each client’s data network, including configuration, performance and security
• Works with the Data Services team to monitor and respond to events to ensure client system uptime and stability
• Ensures change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
• Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
• Provides timely and clear communications to the client and the other members of the technical team.
• Performs project assessments, scoping and cost estimates
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Director
• Knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
• Knowledge with Windows system management tools, philosophies and method
• Understanding of Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
• Knowledge of antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
• Advanced knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as Microsoft Exchange
• Intermediate understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
• Intermediate knowledge of shared storage concepts and functional working skills with various shared storage technologies (provisioning LUNs, expanding volumes, configuring RAID, etc.)
• Intermediate knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
• Strong understanding of Windows and network security best practices and strategies
• Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and assigned tasks
• Level diagnostic method and skills in a variety of environments
• Intermediate project management skills; task-focused and results-oriented delivery
• Effective both independently and as a member of a team
• Customer service and performance driven
• Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication
Experience & Education
• Associate degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent training preferred
• 2 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology infrastructure support
• 2-5 years of end user and back-end support
• Relevant Certifications: MCSE, VCP
Windows, Server, AD, Virtualization, scripting, Cloud, Azure, aws, office 365
Top Skills Details:
2 Windows server
4) Active Directory
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.