Dayton Superior Quality Control Supervisor - J3V5JQ6RD56GW2BQL2W in Kansas City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11403906 Job Description
Assist management in controlling product quality and resolving quality problems. Investigate and report on product quality and product complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct the activities of the Quality Department Employees.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade Quality Manual, Operator Inspection Instructions, Quality Technician Procedures, Quality Plans, Product/Process Procedures relating to Quality requirements and related documentation/instructions.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade databases relating to Quality documentation.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade Excel spreadsheets relating to Quality documentation.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade Microsoft Word documentation relating to Quality activities.
• Perform product/process Quality Audits.
• Develop and conduct special testing methods relating to product Design and/or product Quality.
• Conduct job site visits as related to product Quality.
• Investigate Customer Complaints.
• Conduct Quality Audits at Supplier Facilities.
• Formulate, maintain and upgrade Quality Objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade standards for inspection, test and evaluation methods.
• Review non-conforming parts, products and processes and assign disposition.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade Quality Performance measurement tools.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade Quality Department Goals and Objectives.
• Develop, maintain and upgrade the Dayton Superior Metrics System.
• Assist the Dayton Superior Quality Assurance Manager in Quality related projects for Dayton Superior Corporation.
• Develop working standards for DOT approvals and documentation.
• Supervisory skills
• Skills and ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, Specifications in regards to
• Working knowledge of Shop Math
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, and Access.
• Proficient in the use of Micrometers, Verniers, Height Gages, Thread Plug Gages, Thread Ring Gages, and related precision measuring instruments.
• Gage calibration systems to include recall/schedules for recalibration.
• Knowledge of Injection Molding Process and tolerances associated with Injection Molds.
• 2 year Associate's Degree in related discipline plus additional formal supervisory training.
• 8 years of related supervisor training.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of DOT quality requirements, regulations, and product application is a plus.
• Quality Systems (ISO 9000, QS 9000)
• Ability to push, pull lift 50lbs. on occasion.
• Ability to work in congested environment, with loud noises.
• Ability to climb flights of stairs and maneuver on a construction site if required.
• Minor, local, travel required, company will pay mileage.
EOE, including Disability/Vets