Actalent Laboratory Technician in Kansas City, Kansas
Lab Tech - Immediate Hire - Paying 17.50-20.00/hr
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org asap if interested, this position will fill quickly!
currently hiring for a Production Assistant or Production Scientist I on our Production Team within the Products department. The Production Team prepares various test systems for in-house use and for sale to customers and distributors. These test systems include, but are not limited to, isolated cells (primarily fresh and cryopreserved hepatocytes) and subcellular fractions from various species and tissues.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Isolate and cryopreserve hepatocytes and prepare subcellular fractions from multiple tissue types
• Design and conduct routine and atypical experiments
• Assist in the layout, design, and production of custom product requests
• Assist in the preparation and sterility checks of media for sale
• Assist in the research and development of new products and laboratory procedures as well as the improvement of current products and procedures
• Conduct routine laboratory procedures including preparing reagents and solutions, maintaining inventory of supplies and products, laboratory upkeep, and other tasks as required
• Adhere to Good Laboratory Practice regulations and safety policies and procedures
Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline
Academic experience (min 6 months) with:
pipette- single channel and/or multichannel
basic wet chemistry
solution prep equations
comfortable working with live and dead animal models- harvest tissues, organs, euthanize rodents
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.