CNH Industrial EV/HEV Vehicle System Design Engineer - 2021-17227 in Kansas City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11567139 Overview
CNH Industrial is a global leader in industrial goods. We provide farmers with cutting-edge technologies to help them feed a growing world population and we assist in building and rebuilding cities and infrastructures, all with future-proof powertrain solutions. With our Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, and FPT Industrial brands, and comprehensive solutions for financing and aftermarket services, we're driven to meet the needs of our customers.
Technical position responsible for the definition and integration of electrified propulsion and vehicle function actuation systems for construction equipment vehicles. Collaborates with Product Management, Vehicle Product Development and Technology Electrification team to define Customer and System Requirements & Specifications including electric system performance optimization (Power consumption h/kW, recharge time, heating/cooling) vs. operational performance expectations and validation requirements. Works with external suppliers and partners to define component sizing and electronic controls methodologies to ensure optimal vehicle performance, affordability and operator ease of use.
• Defines vehicle and system requirements for electrified propulsion systems and vehicle operational functions.
• Defines and optimizes vehicle architectures to maximize the advantages of electrified systems.
• Works with Vehicle Product Engineering and other Functional Engineering teams to integrate electrified systems into the vehicle including electronic/software controls.
• Interfaces with other team members, work closely with Electrification Technology engineering team for HV/LV system for electrified transmissions.
• Understands electrical system components and complexity (Sub-Assembly groups, BOM, standardization, optimization of options).
• Defines System and Vehicle Validation Specifications and test plan definition
• Secures standardization of Systems and Functions among different platforms
• Supports activities with Purchasing and Suppliers in line with component development
• Develops plans in line with GPD process (Priorities, milestones, prototype definition, etc.)
• Embraces Innovation mindset, encourages new technology and is creative
The Qualified Candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechatronic/Electronic Engineering or another related field
• 3+ years of relevant experience in off-road or automotive industry with BEV and/or HEV powertrain systems product development
• Agricultural or Construction Equipment background or relevant experience in off road machinery engineering
• Experience in the use of 3D Engineering design software (Solid Works/Creo/Catia)
• Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
The Preferred Candidate will have:
• Master's Degree in Mechatronic/Electronic Engineering
• Particular experience in transmission design, electrical machine design, electric drive system and/or control system development would be beneficial
• Experience in Vehicle system EE engineering; preferable in Electrical and Electronic Systems Engineering
• Experience with System Engineering.
• Knowledge of Virtual prototyping / MIL / SIL / HIL principles and automatic code generation
• Significant automotive industry knowledge and experience in methods and tools used in vehicle validation including benchmarking, DVP&R, DFMEAs, problem solving and special development vehicle requirements, within an OEM or tier 1 organization
• Familiar with development an d integration of the following High Voltage components: electric machines, power electronics, converters
• Delivering complex multidisciplinary systems with hardware, embedded software, application software and mechanical components
• A strong background in requirements capture and management processes
• A strong background in system design capture and conduct of failure analyses such as FMEA/FTA
• Experience in battery duty cycle optimization would be beneficial to your application.
• Ability to work with tight deadline and under pressure
• Ability to work transversally with different teams and interface easily with other engineering disciplines
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Good communication and personal organization/control skills
• Up to date with evolving electrification technology and suppliers.
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I