Tradebe Environmental Field Chemist I - 785478402-6047 in Kansas City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12832834 This position is eligible for our \$3000 Sign-On/Retention bonus!
Tradebe Environmental Services is a global leader in environmental services with US Headquarters in Merrillville, IN. Tradebe was founded in 1984 with the vision of helping industrial and chemical companies manage the increasing complexity of the waste they generate, ensuring safety for the people and the environment. Today, we continue to innovate and evolve as we maintain our firm commitment to propelling the circular economy and creating a more sustainable world. We actively contribute by managing all kinds of environmental liabilities in a safe and sustainable manner, focusing on reusing or recycling raw materials and energy, and being dedicated to meeting our customers\' environmental goals. In the United States, Tradebe Environmental Services has 30 sites and serves customers from a broad range of markets, from petrochemicals to aerospace and hospitals, with unparalleled safety and quality standards.
Tradebe is looking for a field chemist who will be responsible for identifying, packaging and labeling of hazardous waste for transportation and disposal. We are open to experienced and entry-level candidates. The ideal candidate will have knowledge in chemical classification and have interest in growing in the environmental services industry.
Key job responsibilities
- Proper classification, identification, packaging and labeling of hazardous waste for transportation and disposal
- Process regulatory paperwork to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations and internal procedures
- Unpack hazardous material at plant, if necessary
- Sample contents of containers
- Utilize Tradebe\'s internal software to research and document data
- Remote open and stabilize high-hazardous chemicals (advanced chemists only)
- Drive 26ft long box truck once CDL Class B License is obtained
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or other related science is preferred
- Candidates that have relevant experience in the field (non-degree) will be considered. Level I requires 0-1 years of experience, Level II requires 1-2 years of related experience, and the level III requires 2 or more years of related experience
- A basic knowledge of or desire to learn hazardous waste field is preferred
- Successful completion of OSHA/DOT Physical examination, Drug Screen, and Background check; a valid Driver\'s License (with a good driving record), are required
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to wear a full-face respirator, is required
- The ability to obtain a Class B CDL license with Haz-mat endorsement within six months of hire
- Applicants with CDL licenses are preferred.
Why Tradebe is Right for You
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Generous vacation and sick plans
- Medical (including telehealth), dental and vision
- 401k Retirement match
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts (HSA)
- Agency paid, basic life and AD&D insurance
- Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
- Leadership opportunities
- Great work environment and culture
- And MORE!
Tradebe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, mi itary/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City