Cardinal Health Hospital Pharmacy Director - Junction City, KS in Junction City, Kansas
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhancesafety. CardinalHealth Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the UnitedStates. CardinalHealth is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
The director of pharmacy is responsible for overseeing all medication storage and preparation in the health system or organization. The director of pharmacy ensures that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements; and complies with all applicable policies, procedures, codes, and standards of the organization.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures that promote cost-effective, appropriate, and safe medication use.
- Develops and maintains a medical staff-approved formulary.
- Supervises medication storage and preparation areas throughout the facility.
- Provides for the educational needs of health care professionals, patients, and their families.
- Ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures the integrity of the medication supply.
- Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals, and biologicals.
- Ensures strict control and accountability for medications dispensed to patients or distributed to floor stock.
- Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances.
- Ensures applicable continuing education records and licensure are maintained in department files.
- Supervises all pharmacy personnel and recruits, interviews, promotes, disciplines, and terminates pharmacy staff.
- Develops job descriptions and performance standards. Evaluates and counsels staff on their performance.
- Prepares work schedules and monitors workload statistics. Maintains an appropriate staffing level.
- Provides for the educational needs of the pharmacy staff.
- Prepares a pharmacy budget annually.
- Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures within budget guidelines.
- Monitors and justifies all expenses exceeding budgeted targets.
- Ensures preparation and submission of patient charges and financial reports to administration in accordance with policy.
- Administers reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys, and other required data.
- Ensures compliance with health system policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Pharmacy Degree (B.S. or PharmD)
- Active Kansas state pharmacist license (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
- 1-3 years related pharmacy experience in anInpatient/Hospital/LTACor Rehab environment highly preferred.
- Prior management experience highly preferred
- 340B programming experience preferred
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine OR 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.