City of Independence Part Time Maintenance I (Park) - Independence, KS in Independence, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12450726
The City of Independence will accept applications at Kansas Works, 317 N. Penn Avenue, Independence, KS 67301,or online at the Citys website, for part-time Maintenance for work at Mount Hope Cemetery, Riverside Park and Ralph Mitchell Zoo. Click on Employment Opportunities under Quick Links at the bottom of the Citys home page, www.IndependenceKs.gov.
Under supervision, repairs, cleans, and maintains park and zoo grounds and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives, maintains and repairs playground equipment, carousel, and miniature train.
- Performs equipment and vehicle inspections.
- Operates and drives a variety of light and heavy equipment as directed.
- Maintains and repairs all park buildings and restroom facilities.
- Assists with landscaping duties such as mowing, trimming and gardening.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform manual labor related to maintenance and repair of buildings and recreational equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and consistently lift over fifty pounds.
- Knowledge of simple hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and directions.