Four County Mental Health, Inc. Certified Peer Support in Independence, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12318659
FOUR COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH CENTER, INC.
TITLE OF POSITION:Peer Support
SUPERVISOR:CSS Program Coordinator
· High School Diploma or GED and meets State of Kansas qualifications for CPS
· Possesses demonstrated interpersonal skills, the ability to work with persons with or without mental illness, and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations
· Completion of required trainings upon hire
· Practice from a strengths-based philosophy
· Work independently and as a productive member of a team
· Dependable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and compliance with agency’s liability carrier’s requirements may be required depending on job assignment
· Communicate positively and effectively with others
· Basic proficiency in math
· Effective utilization of basic office technology
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: You may be asked to sign a “Patient as Provider Informed Consent Agreement” prior to employment to acknowledge the potential risks of becoming a service provider of the Center from which you receive services.
1. Help develop a network of information and support for others who have been through similar experiences as patients with mental illnesses.
· Provide information and help patients identify and share what works in their recovery.
· Share “lived experience” and model successful behaviors and strategies.
· Help patients access new resources and practice new skills in the community.
· Network patients with other patients, patient run organizations, and the community at large.
2. Work independently or as a productive member of a team.
· Interact with, support and share information with team members, including case managers, attendant care workers, Health Home care coordinators, nursing staff, and others as requested by supervisor
3. Assist patients with enhancing or regaining the ability to make independent choices and taking a proactive role in treatment including discussing questions or concerns about medications, diagnosis or treatment approaches with their treating clinician and/or various health providers.
· Help individual patients articulate in their own words their goals and aspirations in the development of their individualized treatment plans
4. Assist patients with education in identifying and effectively managing or avoiding identified precursors or triggers that result in functional impairments.
5. Share and support the use of recovery tools including established and/or emerging best practices (e.g. WRAP plans, Pathways to Recovery, Health Homes) and individually developed tools and strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Quantity: Has at least an average of five hours of face-to-face contact with patients for each eight hours worked.
2. Quality: Practices from a strengths-based philosophy, is able to work independently, and is a productive member of a team. Promotes the philosophy of recovery and the vision of independent living and wellness to patients. Provides individualized treatment to patients following the treatment plan by assisting them in improving their ability to become as self-sufficient and healthy as possible.
3. Judgment: Demonstrates sound judgment in crisis situations and in carrying out routine responsibilities. Respects ethical and confidential (legal) boundaries at all times. Is alert to dual relationships and seeks assistance by notifying supervisor immediately when becoming aware of a potential problem.
4. Coordination: Keeps other staff persons informed or daily situations regarding patients. Communicates with other staff to ensure continuity of care. Is active in participating in meetings related to administration or treatment. Maintains positive and professional relationships with staff from Four County and other agencies.
5. Documentation: Progress notes are timely and accurate, and reflect progress related to treatment goals and interventions.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: