Kansas Employer Van Driver in Haysville, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12729327
- Provide clean, safe and reliable transportation to ensure students benefit from district programs and activities.
- Ensure all activities conform to State school transportation guidelines to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Communicate effectively and work cooperatively with school district staff and community members to ensure a positive work environment.
- React to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned to ensure that all activities are completed in a timely fashion.
- Implement all mandatory safety regulations for vans to abide by local and state policies.
- Maintain discipline and report those who are not abiding by the rules to the proper authority to maintain order while on the van.
- Keep assigned van clean for the purpose of ensuring safety, appearance, and sanitation of vehicle.
- Keep to assigned schedule to provide minimal school disruptions.
- Check van before each operation for mechanical defects and notify the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or lateness for the purpose of maintaining efficiency of the vans.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops in order to accurately account for the whereabouts of each and every student.
- Exercise responsible leadership and good judgment when on out-of-district school trips in order to provide a high level of care for our students.
- Transport only authorized students for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of students within the district.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports for the purpose of providing detailed information to the proper authorities.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information in order to remain in compliance with legal requirements and to maintain a professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires turning and reaching.
- Requires driving skills, including the ability to operate vehicle at night.
- Must work indoors and outdoors during the school year.
- Must work in noisy, crowded, stressful environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.