Kansas Employer Regular Para Educator in Haysville, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12729098
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel, and parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating student progress.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of facilitating instruction; recording student information; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. restrooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives and ensuring students success in school.
- Demonstrates dependability, promptness, and regular attendance in order to establish consistent routines, promote teamwork, and guarantee instructional continuity.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding student and staff information in order to remain in compliance with legal requirements and to maintain a professional working environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Demonstrates required mobility, agility and dexterity to work with students.
- Ability to move, lift, pull or push objects.
- Remains attentive to students while working in noisy, crowded environments with numerous interruptions.