Hilton Garden Inn & Convention Center Hays Maintenance Technician - $100 Sign On Bonus in Hays, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12011813
We pay weekly.
Eligible for a $100 sign-on bonus (terms and conditions apply).
Pay based on experience.
Job Description: Hotel Maintenance, under limited supervision, performs work of routine maintenance of all company equipment, building, and property as well as laundry and housekeeping while complying with brand standards and company policies. The following reflects the essential job duties but does not restrict tasks that may be assigned. Duties of this job may be changed at management’s discretion.
• Perform routine maintenance on building interior and exterior
• May contact and schedule vendors for necessary building repairs and emergencies outside the scope of routine maintenance
• Maintain a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when the next service is due
• Work in a safe manner and recognize unsafe situations. Take appropriate action to ensure the safety of themselves and others on the property
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building’s mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis
• Move furniture and equipment to clean area
• May remove stains from rugs, drapes, walls, and floors
• Maintain both the interior and exterior of the hotel, including painting, cleaning, repairs, and additions
• Assist in maintaining the entire pool area including lifts, filters, filtering systems, and all other machinery
• Follow pool cleaning and maintenance schedules
• Schedule repairs and maintenance with the General Manager as to not interfere with hotel operations
• Maintain and updates SDS sheets
• Act upon guest requests
• Be fully compliant with housekeeping/maintenance brand and corporate procedures
• Follow Preventative Maintenance schedule for cleanliness, condition, and safety of the property
• Ensure compliance with energy conservation and job safety requirements
• Proactively maintains assigned areas and equipment
• Ensure efficient completion of daily assignments in a timely manner
• Report all safety concerns to management
• Attend and participate in all mandatory training
• Flexible with schedule and assignments
• Maintain effective performance under pressure
• Prepare accurate and timely reports as required
• May perform similar duties as requested by supervisor
• Good customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to occasionally lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to multi-task
• Displays good initiative
• Ability to supervise and motivate employees
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Minimum 2 years previous hotel or apartment experience
This role requires standing for long periods of time, or for the entire shift. You will be expected to maintain a professional appearance and a clean uniform. Must have the ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than 30 pounds without assistance. Core Hospitality Group LLC seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employee differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. Core Hospitality Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. Must be eligible to work in the United States.