SKIL Resource Center Assistive Technology Specialist in Hays, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11560625
An understanding of the Independent Living philosophy and basic knowledge of Assistive Technology and various computer programs. Knowledge of agriculture production or a background in other areas of technology to support people with functional limitations.
* Will receive incoming requests for service and will follow-up on customer needs.
* Will maintain current knowledge of a variety of services and resources for individuals with disabilities and will make referrals as appropriate.
* Will assist in securing assistive technology equipment for loan or lease.
* Will provide training, technical support and information about devices as needed by customers.
* Will assess need for assistive technology training for service providers (e.g. Vocational Rehabilitation, Adult and Medical Service case managers, teachers, medical support staff) and will provide training and/or information about where needed training can be obtained.
* Will conduct public awareness activities, workshops and presentations.
* Will prepare a cumulative site report for all customers served through the access site and submit it on a timely basis to the CEO/Director.
* Will maintain the Assistive Technology for Kansans program database and assume lead in maintenance and operation of the system, ensuring that timely and accurate data entry.
* Will maintain required documentation for Kansas Medicaid Assistive Technology Case Management.