Continental Industrial Engineer in Halstead, Kansas
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Halstead, KS location is seeking a Mid-Level or Senior (based on experience) Industrial Engineer (Head of Location Product & Process Industrialization) to join our team. This position will oversee the plant layout and work processes for our Halstead, KS Belt Manufacturing facility and sits on the Plant Leadership Team reporting directly to the Plant Manager.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Develop and maintain standard operations minutes, allowances, material usage, scrap factors, routings, BOM’s, and Production Order work instructions.
• Plan plant and equipment capacity, manufacturing plan, and manpower projections.
• Create and maintain plant layouts and process flow improvements.
• Write documentation for manufacturing operations (Work Instructions, Maintenance plans, Control Plans, PFMEA's).
• Maintain and improve machines, controls, fixtures, tooling, gauging etc.
• Identify and develop continuous improvement projects with high impact.
• Evaluate new techniques and automation concepts for implementation in the location.
• Provide training and coaching to support the department leaders and help achieve performance targets.
• May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities / equipment.
• Develops and provides time standards to the shop floor as well as standard work for operations and processes.
• Support and promote the continuous improvement culture; motivate people to implement CBS in their work teams, including training, moderation of workshops, project execution and coaching of project managers – while supporting Continental’s PlantSync Org. Structure.
• Support or lead continuous improvement and innovation projects in all areas of the organization, identifying, reducing and/or eliminating sources of variation and waste through application of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and the principles of CBS.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other closely related degree.
• 3+ years of experience in Industrial Engineering or similar role.
• 1+ year(s) of experience leading project teams.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
A relocation package may be considered as an added benefit for internal applicants.
Signing bonus may be considered as an added benefit for this position.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.
Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.