Great Bend Industries HR Generalist in Great Bend, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11814272
Serves as internal business partner for designated departments to provide ongoing support in all functional areas of Human Resources in partnership and support of the Human Resources Manager.
Provides support to organization through areas of recruitment, training, employee relations, compensation, reporting and Human Resources Information Systems management. At all times, conduct GBI business in a legal and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs full cycle recruiting for designated departments including but not limited to: Title 7 compliance, job postings, job fairs, interviewing, background checks, offer letter generation, new employee orientation and other onboarding activities (which includes managing staffing agencies).• Completes weekly administration processes.• Processes promotions/demotions/transfers/terminations within Paycor (HRIS/Payroll).• Processes employee census and billing for Health Care Benefits.• Conducts ongoing employee training in a variety of topics such as stay interviews, performance management, and employee rewards/recognition.• Administers employee compensation programs including but not limited to: hourly wage progression and bonus programs.• Assists the Human Resources Manager with EH&S and Workers Compensation Programs.
• Maintains a high level of visibility, accessibility and interaction with all employees.• Ensures high level of integrity is maintained and that personnel matters are handled in a professional, consistent, and confidential manner.• Conducts exit interviews and other activities to support the recruitment and retention efforts.• Completes all department investigations.• Manages the Progressive Discipline System for the Hourly Workforce.• Promotes a positive work environment for all employees through multiple channels including coordination of employee activities and events.
Administers company leave programs such as COVID, Short-Term Disability, FMLA, Military, and Personal.
Leaves of Absence
• Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employments laws as well as consistency in the application of leave programs.• Administers employee Return to Work programs.• Ensures consistent application of the system, reviews and provides recommendations for terminations ensuring compliance with federal, state and/or local employment laws.• Assists with management of worker's compensation claims.• Submits unemployment claim information.• Builds reports from HRIS (including Workday and Kronos).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides guidance and assistance to senior management, supervisory staff, and individual employees about Human Resources issues.• Works well with others.• By attitude, behavior, attendance and work ethic, sets a good example for others.• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
• Coordinates with Human Resources Manager, GBI, and HH management to identify needs to be met by Human Resources.• Collaborates with all personnel identifying and satisfying internal and external customer needs to be met within line of responsibility; responds positively to new opportunities for improvement.
To perform the duties and responsibilities of this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills/Abilities/Knowledge Strong customer and team orientation; detail oriented. Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills. Confidential and ethical role model. Above average ability to analyze and resolve problems. Knowledge and ability to complete accurate and timely calculations. Ability to manually record numbers and other information clearly and legibly. Ability to receive information delivered in writing and verbally by others. Ability to write in a creative, understandable manner. Ability to transfer concepts and information in a clear, concise manner, orally and in writing. Ability to follow instructions. Ability to operate personal computer and standard office equipment p