Marck Industries General Laborer in Gardner, Kansas
Prepare and sort materials or products for recycling. Identify and remove hazardous substances. Dismantle components of products such as appliances.
THIS IS A FULL TIME POSITION with BENEFITS
Normal hours are M-F 7-3:30
Summary/Objective *This position is responsible for moving, processing, and separating recyclable materials in a safe efficient manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Move materials as needed using forklifts, skid steers, tractors, etc.
- Inspect equipment and document any findings for forklifts, skid steers, trailers, etc.
- Communicate any safety concerns and production issues to supervisor.
- Process, sort and separate recyclable material.
- Keep materials organized and moving toward the baler efficiently.
- Remove and discard trash from around the facility.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Mechanical Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This role requires working in the elements, in the plant yard, exposed to dust and debris. Frequently operates forklifts, and skid steers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to climb; balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Regular attendance is necessary. The employee must be available during the core work hours of 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional local travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience