City of Garden City, KS Recreation Coordinator in Garden City, Kansas
The City of Garden City Recreation Department is accepting applications for the Recreation Coordinator position. The position is responsible for developing, coordinating, scheduling, implementing, supervising and evaluating a variety of recreation programs, activities, and special events.
- Examples of Duties
1. Develops, coordinates, schedules, implements, supervises, and evaluates a variety of recreational programs, activities, special events, and facilities.
2. Evaluates assigned areas of the recreational programs and recommends areas of improvement.
3. Maintains related records and statistics for programs and personnel.
4. Instructs designated recreation classes according to program curriculum and philosophy and modifies it according to participant skill and ability level.
5. Ensures that all program materials, equipment, first aid kits and other necessary items are prepared and available for staff.
6. Supervises opening and closing of recreation facilities as scheduled. Supervises building and participants by enforcing program and building rules, regulations, and procedures.
7. Assists with hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and supervising staff.
8. Inspects facilities daily for cleanliness and safety; assists with daily/weekly cleaning. Responsible for the safety of self, staff, participants, and volunteers as well as proper use and care of materials, equipment, and facilities used.
9. Identifies and recommends improvements in divisional and departmental operations to ensure assigned functions are efficient and cost effective.
- Typical Qualifications
The position requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in recreation, physical education, liberal arts or closely related field and two years of experience in recreation programming. Any equivalent combination of training experience will be considered. The position also requires a valid driver's license.
Selected candidate must either possess or have the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire a valid AED, First Aid and CPR Certifications.
The City of Garden City offers a wide range of competitive benefits. Some of the benefits include:
- Health Insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Advance Life Insurance
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Leave
- Employee Recognition Plan
- Years of Service Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Plan
- LifeSave Membership
- City of Garden City (KS)
301 N. 8th Street
Garden City, Kansas, 67846