Midwest Health Physical Therapy Assistant in Garden City, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Physical Therapy Assistant provides treatments, tests and evaluations of residents under the supervision of the Registered Physical Therapist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Facility’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
- Reports to on-site Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapist.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with dignity and respect.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration between Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy for planning treatments.
- Responsible for all Physical Therapy treatments on a day to day basis. Evaluates resident performance and communicates to nursing and physicians.
- Documents resident’s progress and treatments in accordance with therapy plans as directed by the Registered Physical Therapist.
- May be responsible for maintaining and inventorying all durable medical equipment. Orders supplies and equipment for the therapy department.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal regulations regarding Rehabilitation Therapy.
- May be required to participate in some meetings, for example, Quality Assurance, Restraint meetings, and Care Planning.
- Responsible for all therapy billing, questionnaires, and progress notes.
- Assures personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials, and fire safety.
Assures personal and staff compliance to Resident’s Rights. Job Requirements:
Must have Current Physical Therapy Assistant License.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Employee is required to use a transfer/gait belt or to obtain the assistance of another employee when attempting to assist residents when lifting or carrying objects in excess of 25 pounds. The employee must be aware that during the normal, routine performance of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally, although hey may not be a requirement of the job.