Commerce Bank Personal Banker - Part Time - 33859_67846-4804 in Garden City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12761721 About Working at Commerce
Building a career here is more than just steps on a ladder. It\'s about helping people find financial safety and success, helping businesses thrive, and making sure people and their money are taken care of. And our commitment doesn\'t stop there. Our culture is about our people, the ones in our communities and the ones that work with us.
Here, you\'ll find opportunities to grow and learn, to connect with others, and build relationships with the people around you. You\'ll have the space and resources to grow into the best version of yourself. Because our number one investment is you.
Creating an award-winning culture doesn\'t come easy. And after more than 155 years, we know Commerce Bank is only at its best when our people are. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading and let\'s talk.
Hourly: \$17.00 - \$21.00 (Amount based on relevant experience, skills, and competencies.)
Additional Job Description
Our Personal Bankers are personable, goal-oriented, and have a passion for helping our customers improve their financial health. As a Personal Banker, you\'ll gain valuable insight into banking and finance, while helping customers with their daily financial challenges. You\'ll be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding people for their talent, skills, and contributions. If this sounds like a fit for you, we\'re looking for a new Personal Banker to join our team at our Garden City location.
Personal Bankers are the key ambassadors of the Commerce Bank brand. In this retail banking role, you will develop and maintain long lasting relationships with not only your customers, but with your co-workers and other areas of the business within Commerce. As a Personal Banker, your goal is to uncover the financial needs of each customer and provide them with solutions to address those needs.
Work Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per week with choice of either of the following shift options:
- Option 1: Monday thru Friday from 11:00am to 2:30pm and most Saturdays from 8:45am to 12:15pm
- Option 2: Monday and Friday from 8:45am to 5:45 pm and most Saturdays from 8:45-12:15pm
As a Personal Banker, you\'ll:
- Receive the tools, resources, and training you need to be successful in your role and have opportunities to further your career with Commerce Bank.
- Deliver an excellent customer experience both in person and over the phone to ensure we meet customers\' financial needs.
- Actively listen to our customers so you can make appropriate recommendations that match their needs.
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that improves their financial wellness.
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Establish relationships with other internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified.
- Be able to earn more than your base pay through our quarterly incentive program.
- Interact with customers both in person and over the phone to ensure their financial needs are being met through needs-based conversations and sales fulfillment
- Actively listen, understand, and make recommendations of products and services based on customer needs to ensure individual and team sales and services goals are achieved.
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience and contribute to achieving sales goals
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately nd efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Identify complex financial needs and refer customers to bank specialists when appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong sales skills with the ability to provide an excellent customer experience by easily connecting with customers in-person and over the phone.
- Ability to meet personal and branch sales and customer services expectations
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable to a variety of situations with an optimistic outlook that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required
1+ years sales or customer service experience required
Experience working in an environment with individ