CALIBRE Senior Hardware/Software Engineer in Ft Leavenworth, Kansas
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services Company is looking for a Senior Hardware/Software Engineer to provide technical leadership and serves as the technical subject matter expert in the deployment and integration of gaming technologies, simulation systems, and Mission Command Systems. The Senior Hardware/Software Engineer participates in evaluating and implementing software and hardware technologies to improve the delivery of training simulations; identifies, analyzes, develops, implements, and integrates hardware and software solutions based on industry best practices and customer insight and requirements; and provides hardware and software development support throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept, to acceptance delivery, to sustainment maintenance.
- Provides technical support and setup; coordinates with external agency technical leads; and documents re-occurring technical meetings, tests, exercises, and events.
- Provides technical advice for simulation integration as it relates to the Army and Joint Live, Virtual, Constructive, and Gaming (LVC&G;) training environment.
- Applies hardware and software standards, protocols, and architectures to real–world requirements for communications systems and networks.
- Analyzes training support requirements to determine, recommend, and plan systems layouts, including type of computers and peripheral equipment required to meet training unit objectives.
- Evaluates factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, and security restrictions to determine hardware and software configurations.
- Coordinates with other engineers to ensure the simulation exercise and/or test infrastructure will meet desired training objectives.
- Monitors hardware and software implementation and ensures integrity of the software and information systems; makes necessary modifications to ensure systems operate in conformance with specifications.
- Evaluates GOTS/COTS hardware and software interfaces, and operational and performance requirements.
- Plans and executes information systems hardware and software updates, software patches, security fixes, and service releases.
- Conducts exercise and test data analysis and documents change requests/deficiencies of the simulations or information systems.
- Provides analysis for the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software solutions.
- Develops devices and systems test strategies; collaborates with other Government agencies, industry partners, and suppliers to design and execute Validation, Verification, and Accreditation plans for new or updated simulation or information systems hardware and software.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, and events to enhance relevancy of products and services to the operational training requirements.
- Four (4) years of professional experience leading technical teams in capability development, verification, validation and accreditation, software development, computer programming, and simulation integration within the Microsoft Windows and Linux family of operating systems.
- Four (4) years of experience in hardware and software standards and protocols.
- Four (4) years of experience modifying existing software and developing special purpose software components to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Four (4) years of experience developing programs for LVC&G; integration efforts, and Army and Joint Experiments in pure, object-oriented environments.
- Experience writing programs using C++, MFC, C#, Visual Basic, JAVA, XML, and database programming.
- Professional experience developing and implementing high-order programming languages such as C and C++.
- Experience providing technical advice for gaming development as it relates to the LVC&G; Training Environment.
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures related to supporting large-scale simulation federations, National Simulation Center events, and Mission Training Complex operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with common computer hardware interface, data protocols, and control standards such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422, USB, PCI, and RIO.
- Knowledge of current SharePoint and hardware engineering practices.
- Knowledge and experience working with network architectures, virtualization software, and distributed application development.
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages: Shell, Peri, Python, Java, or other common languages.
- Knowledge and experience working with Army Mission Command Systems.
- Knowledge with the development and integration of software drivers used to interface computer hardware.
- Knowledge and experience working with military doctrine and training management and capability development.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical and non-technical information and instructional briefings and other training to team members and government personnel.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline: Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Management, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- Graduate of Service or Joint intermediate level education.
- Possesses DoD 8570 IAT II certification: CompTIA Security+ or higher Information Assurance certification.
- Possesses CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Server+, CISCO CCT, or similar certification.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possesses and maintains an active SECRET clearance.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team. #CALIBRECareers
Tracking Code: TSO 2451-585
Job Location: Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular