CALIBRE HW/SW Engineer (Lab Configuration) in Ft Leavenworth, Kansas
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services Company is looking for an HW/SW Engineer (Lab Configuration) to provide technical support and serves as the technical subject matter expert for the system lifecycle development process (analysis, design, code, test, and migrate) for the Army Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming (LVC&G;) programs. The HW/SW Engineer (Lab Configuration) participates in evaluating and implementing software and hardware technologies to improve the delivery of training simulations; identifies, analyzes, develops, implements, and integrates hardware and software solutions based on industry best practices and customer insight and requirements; and provides hardware and software development support throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept, to acceptance delivery, to sustainment maintenance.
- Identifies, manages, resolves, and/or escalates technical issues.
- Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots LAN/WANs, cable systems, computers, and associated network hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Diagnoses hardware, software, and operator problems and takes remedial actions and/or recommends procedural changes.
- Monitors performance, troubleshoots systems problems and outages, and works with material developers to resolve issues.
- Loads and configures applications, such as word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Loads and configures operating systems and system applications.
- Maintains ticket system and ensures technical support issues are escalated to appropriate level for resolution.
- Identifies problems with information technology system operations and provides potential workarounds.
- Provides technical advice for gaming development and hardware and software maintenance as it relates to the LVC&G; Training Environment.
- Performs system acceptance testing, system usability tests, and support verification/validation/accreditation testing as required.
- Develops and executes test plans and procedures to verify the implementation of systems requirements for new COTS/GOTS software and hardware, or the overall system
- Analyzes, designs, installs, configures, maintains, and repairs network infrastructure and application components
- Supports the selection and deployment of computer models and analysis tools for assessment, training, experimentation, concept development, and prototyping.
- Provides on-site operational and technical assistance during events (integration, experimentation, demonstration, test, and fielding).
- Plans and executes information systems hardware and software updates, software patches, security fixes, and service releases.
- Provides analysis for the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software solutions.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, and events to enhance relevancy of products and services to the operational training requirements.
- Four (4) years of experience in the Information Technology / Telecommunications, Modeling, and Simulations field.
- Experience providing technical support, installing hardware and software, and maintaining system and network security requirements.
- Experience with the testing and fielding life cycle and testing in the software/hardware fielding process
- Experience with military simulations or simulators in a federated environment with Distributed Interactive Simulation and/or High Level Architecture protocols.
- Knowledge of the planning, development, installation/maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN/WANS and cable systems.
- Experience in computer systems engineering and network specifications related to product testing and evaluation.
- Experience with network products, including Cisco, Nortel, DLINK, and Lucent technologies.
- Experience using Service Now, Remedy, Service Desk, HP ALM, or a similar tool.
- Knowledge of Army information systems and related peripheral equipment and of commonly used stand-alone and networked applications.
- Experience with providing technical advice for gaming development and hardware and software maintenance as it relates to the LVC&G; Training Environment.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical and non-technical information and instructional briefings and other training to team members and government personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university: Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering.
- Possesses DoD 8570 IAT II certification: CompTIA Security+ or higher Information Assurance certification.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possesses and maintains an active SECRET clearance.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team. #CALIBRECareers
Tracking Code: TSO 2452-585
Job Location: Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular