CALIBRE Hardware/Software Engineer in Ft Leavenworth, Kansas
CALIBRE, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Solutions Company is looking for a Hardware/Software Engineer 3D Modeler to provide technical support and serves as the technical subject matter expert in the deployment and integration of gaming technologies and simulation systems with 3D models and visual effects. The Hardware/Software Engineer 3D Modeler participates in evaluating and implementing software and hardware technologies to improve the delivery of training simulations; identifies, analyzes, develops, implements, and integrates hardware and software solutions based on industry best practices and customer insight and requirements; and provides hardware and software development support throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept, to acceptance delivery, to sustainment maintenance.
- Assists in the integration efforts of game-based products to current Army simulation utilizing electronic file formats, .p3d & 3D Studio Max, or MAYA 3D electronic file formats.
- Provides technical advice for gaming development and hardware and software maintenance as it relates to the Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming (LVC&G;) Training Environment; implements software solutions incorporating 3D models with LVC&G; training Environment.
- Conducts software testing, analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Participates in software development lifecycle.
- Develops, manages, and documents problem tracking and resolution.
- Monitors hardware and software implementation and ensures integrity of the software and information systems; makes necessary modifications to ensure systems operate in conformance with specifications.
- Evaluates GOTS/COTS hardware and software interfaces and operational and performance requirements.
- Provides technical support and setup, coordinate with external agency technical leads, and document re-occurring technical meetings, tests, exercises, and events.
- Provides analysis for the design, development, and implementation of hardware and software solutions.
- Attends training, seminars, conferences, and events to enhance relevancy of products and services to the operational training requirements.
- Four (4) years of experience in in-game design and development, 3D model development, and 3D programming by integrating 3D Models into game-based synthetic.
- Experience with software development and simulation integration within the Microsoft Windows and Linux family of operating systems.
- Experience in the production and editing of game-based terrain databases from real terrain source databases.
- Experience with polygonal and sculpting to deliver photo–realistic 3D characters using industry software, including Maya, Modo, Zbrush, Mudbox, Mixamo, Magicalvoxel, and Blender 3D.
- Experience integrating game-based products to current Army simulation utilizing electronic file formats, .p3d & 3D Studio Max, or MAYA 3D electronic file formats.
- Knowledge and ability to write programs using C++, MFC, C#, Visual Basic, JAVA, XML, scripting languages, X programming and libraries, and integrating networking packet protocols into simulation environments.
- Experience with scripting in MEL, Python, or Perl is a plus.
- Experience providing technical advice for gaming development as it relates to the Live, Virtual, Constructive and Gaming (LVC&G;) Training Environment.
- Experience applying architectures to real world requirements utilizing current LVC&G; platforms.
- Knowledge with the development and integration of software drivers used to interface computer hardware.
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical and non-technical information and instructional briefings and other training to team members and government personnel
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline: Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Management, Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical discipline.
- Possesses DoD 8570 IAT II certification: CompTIA Security+ or higher Information Assurance certification.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possesses and maintains an active SECRET clearance.
CALIBRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports transitioning service members, veterans and individuals with disabilities. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. To be considered, please apply via our website at www.calibresys.com. Come join our dynamic team. #CALIBRECareers
Tracking Code: TSO 2450-585
Job Location: Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular