Army Installation Management Command Cook (CYS) NA-06 in Fort Riley, Kansas
This position is located at various facilities within Child and Youth Services. The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non Citizens. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a variety of food preparation and cooking tasks.
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to mix and cook food items.
- Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment, and keeps cooking utensils cleaned and ready for use. Scrubs and cleans heavier pot and pans. Stacks and stores dishes. Keeps working area clean in accordance with standard sanitation requirements.
- Employee plans, coordinates, and times assignments to assure that food items are prepared at correct temperature and on time.
- Employee is responsible for the safe use and care of kitchen equipment, for personnel and environmental safety, and for personal hygiene.
Occasional travel - Minimal travel may be required for training purposes, local to the installation.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of health physical and immunizations. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Food Handler's Certification.
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience directly related to the duties described above, that included skill in working with professional kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Be able to communicate (verbal and written) in English.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a routine basis.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2PM CST on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 is required to be uploaded at time of application for verification of current and former NAF employee priority consideration. Spouse PCS Orders and Marriage License are required at time of application for verification of Spouse Employment Preference.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for O2NAFEM1910395875SR. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
Fort Riley NAF Human Resources Office
EM-NAF-W0VMAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT RILEY HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Riley, KS 66442 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521226800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/10/2019 to 01/31/2019
Pay scale & grade: NA 6
Salary: $12.33 to $14.38 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules