Southeast KANSASWORKS LA V Youth Career Advisor in Emporia, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11635284
Primary Objectives of Position: Under the general supervision of the Youth Program Director, the Career Advisor will be responsible for and maintaining a case management process for job seekers who are eligible for the Workforce Innovations and Opportunity Act (WIOA) or other related programs. The Career Advisor is responsible for providing quality services to job seeking customers in an American Job Center environment, which may include but is not limited to the provision of one-on-one, virtual and over the phone employment and training services, workshop facilitation, job search navigation, the provision of assessments, career guidance, and labor market information. Duties
The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. Southeast KANSASWORKS, Inc., reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of the position at any time.
· 100% direct contact with various type of job seeking customers, with a focus of determining their needs for suitable enrollment opportunities and directing them to appropriate staff and/or appropriate training and resources.
· Establish and maintain a case management relationship with customers to provide ongoing follow-up and support.
· Manage a customer caseload of individuals who meet the requirements of various programs including: the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA-Adult, WIOA- Dislocated Worker, WIOA-Youth).
· Responsible for all aspects of case file management, including timely and accurate data entry such as services provided, confidential case notes, monthly follow up and performance measures documented in the KANSASWORKS database to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local policies.
· As directed, facilitate programmatic Info/Intake sessions to potential customers in a group setting, as well as one/one as needed. Answer customer questions regarding programmatic eligibility and suitability for the program.
· Facilitate an Initial, and Comprehensive Assessment, and create an Individual Employment Plan/ Individual Service Strategy (ISS) with customer input, to address remediation of job-related barriers and/or deficiencies and identify necessary skills to promote success in the program.
· Utilize current tools and resources to facilitate customer interest and continuation in work related activities and programs. Carry out one-on-one job counseling and job coaching relative to targeted occupations and career pathways and recommend programs and certifications relevant to job seekers interests and skills.
· Provide and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Collaborate with partners, schools/training institutes and the customer to create training plans.
· Coordinate and generate supportive services for customers as available and necessary to assist them in maintaining their classroom or on the job training. Provide additional services as needed to help promote customer success.
· Maintain continuous communication and collaborative activities with Business Service Representatives to set up OJT or Apprenticeship opportunities. Refer customers to in-house hiring events, job/career fairs.
· Utilize proper tracking tools to ensure monthly contacts and appropriate provision of services with customers.
· Maintain knowledge and awareness of current policies.
· Demonstrate efficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and KANSASWORKS data base)
· Assist with customer outreach using various soc ial media platforms.
· Provide back-up support for specific tasks, projects, and program services as needed.
· Provide coverage to other team members as needed within the resource center.
· May require working at other SEKWORKS offices, remote and offsite locations.
· Perform follow up activities once a participant has exited from the program.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Location and Time Commitment:
This position will have a principal office location at one of five Workforce Centers as indicated above. Primary work will occur from these offices, but the position could be required to travel within the 17-county area as needed. This position is a full-time, hourly position. This position is expected to work 40 hours per week. Overtime hours will be based on the business needs of the organization and must have prior approval of the immediate supervisor. Employment is an at will employer-employee relationship.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
· Prefer Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
· Previous experience in the employment/training field preferred.
· Knowledge of federal and state workforce development programs and policy.
· Experience working with the community, public and non-profit organizations, and all levels of gove