Lyon County Clerk II in Emporia, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11470022
I. JOB SUMMARY: This is a non-exempt full-time position. Performs various clerical, computer, and, administrative service duties.
The roles, responsibilities, job functions, knowledge, skills and abilities set forth herein may be revised from time-to-time in order to comply with federal and state laws, departmental needs and the changing requirements for this position.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES
a. Serve as primary contact at the public counter and by telephone to refer patrons to the appropriate office or agency. Process Homestead applications, register voters, sell county maps, and, sell fish and game licenses.
b. Maintain control of Central Supply activities including keeping accurate records of office supplies, maintaining proper inventory, ordering supplies and issuing to all departments.
c. Assist with recording deeds.
d. Provide backup for election programming.
e. Act as relief operator for Courthouse switchboard as assigned.
f. Duty to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that employee gets along with customers, citizens, coworkers and management.
g. Being pleasant, respectful and civil with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
h. Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
i. Obligation to be reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfill duties.
j. Must show up for work on a regular and predictable basis as scheduled
k. Other duties as assigned.
III. MISCELLANEOUS DUTIES
a. May be required to attend educational or training courses or seminars.
b. May be required to backup other positions in the department.
a. Must be bondable.
b. Must be a registered voter per K.S.A. 25-2804.
V. EXPERIENCE: One year of general office experience required. Experience should include duties involving clerical, bookkeeping, and data processing activities. Persons in this position are expected to have acquired sufficient knowledge and experience to be performing at a competent level after one year in the job.
VI. EDUCATION: High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
VII. KNOWLEDGE: Acquire knowledge of statutory requirements pertaining to the department. A working knowledge of office practices and procedures. And a working knowledge of computer programs such as Word and Excel. Must have ability to receive, interpret, and, follow verbal and written instructions. Required to read, write and speak English fluently. The ability to speak a foreign language is helpful.
a. Operation of basic office equipment, computers, typewriter, calculator, telephone switchboard, date/time stamp machine, copier, and, fax machine.
b. Problem solving; Moderate. Ability to solve practical problems involving a mix of variables.
c. Decision making; Moderate. Duties generally follow prescribed procedures.
d. Supervisory (direct/indirect); None
e. Financial/Budgetary Accountability; Handles some cash transactions.
f. Interpersonal; Frequent contact with the public and Courthouse personnel.
g. Working Conditions; No adverse working conditions. Maybe required to work overtime periodically.
h. Physical Requirements; Infrequent requirement to store and retrieve documents and cartons weighing up to 55 pounds, extending from floor level to 84 inches in height. Requires sufficient visual acuity to read and write and operate office equipment. Requires sufficient hearing level when assisting the public and communicating with others directly or by telephone.
· Employees hired after August 2018: Lyon County/City of Emporia (Company) understands that a job analysis is being completed in compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA). One of the outcomes of the job analysis is the determination of one or more job specific tests that will either qualify or disqualify the post-offer or post-employment (fit for duty) candidate for the position. For the Classification Series of LYON COUNTY/CITY OF EMPORIA: OFFICE PERSONNEL: The Company representative hereby acknowledges the following as valid physical requirements:
1. Employee lifts/carries 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the time or 1-100 times per day).
2. Employee lifts/carries 25 pounds frequently (34%-66% of the time or 100-500 times per day).
3. Employee lifts/carries 10 pounds constantly (67%-100% of the time or over 500 times per day).
4. Employee’s position requires pushing a maximum force of 5 pounds.
5. Employee’s position requires pulling a maximum force of 5 pounds.
· SAFE LIFTING CRITERIA:
1. Floor to knuckle: 45 lbs.
2. 12” to knuckle: 45lbs.
3. Knuckle to shoulder: 22.5 lbs.
4. Shoulder to overhead: 22.5 lbs.
5. Carry: 45 l