CB&I LDAR Technician in El Dorado, Kansas
Title: LDAR Technician
Location: United States-Kansas-El Dorado
Willperform leak detection and repair (LDAR) at various refineries. Will perform avariety of applicable data collection and evaluation techniques. Develops andmaintains records. Work often involves complex analyzers, instrumentation or equipmentfor gathering data and for optimizing system performance.
- Perform LDAR (Leak Detection and Repair)policies and procedures following tasks in assigned project site.
- Daily Analyzer calibration.
- Routine repair and maintenance of analyzers.
- Quarterly certification of analyzers.
- Coordinate LDAR field activities with LDARcontract technicians.
- Maintain and complete monitoring schedules.
- Repair leaking components.
- Generate work requests and follow-up on LDAR maintenancerepairs.
- Maintain record keeping on monitoring andrepairs.
- Maintain identification of LDAR components andapplicability reviews.
- Performs other daily operation and maintenancetasks of a routine nature.
- Must have good oral and written communicationsskills
- Will perform work in adverse weather conditionson the field (Work in hot/cold environments, inclement weather)
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Will be required to work at heights
- Ability to climb tower ladders 100 ft. ,ascending/descending stairs up to ten flights or more
- Ability to bend, stretch, walk and climb with30 lb. backpack - up to 10 hours a day on concrete and/or steel surfaces
- Ability to wear a full body harness and fallarrest system in addition to up to 30 lb. backpack containing monitoringequipment
- Overtime may be required.
- No relocation assistance provided
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Candidate must be willing to travel at least50% of the time.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employmentbackground check, drug screen and motor vehicle records check
- Previous experience working of an industrial(i.e. fitting, welding, instrumentation, etc) refinery (i.e., operations,maintenance, etc.) nature preferred.
- LDAR / Fugitive Emission Monitoring (Method 21)with TVA 1000B and calibration experience a plus.
Job Field: Technical Services
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 8:45:11 AM
Requisition ID: 1802740
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.