USD 490 -El Dorado* Bus Driver/Substitute Drivers in El Dorado, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12398685
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the districts curricular and extracurricular programs.\ \ Responsible to:
Transportation Supervisor/Mechanic/Maintenance, Secretary to Transportation/Director of Buildings and Grounds, and Director of Buildings and Grounds
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintains discipline when students are on bus.
- Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keeps interior of assigned bus clean.
- Observes assigned schedule.
- Checks bus for mechanical defects before each operation.
- Notifies the proper authority in case of mechanical failure or delays.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Reports any accidents and completes required reports.
- Prepares list of students on assigned route who are eligible to be transported.
- Keeps accurate record of students being transported.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
\ Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing, and use of equipment including repetitive motions and computer eye fatigue.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, intense work environment.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.