LifePoint Health Surgical Services Director in Dodge City, Kansas
This is a Leadership position which assures the delivery of patient care with the skills of an experienced Registered Nurse. Position responsibilities include ensuring continuity of patient care, serving as a resource for subordinate staff, facilitating problem solving, assisting with Quality Improvement Activities, staff education and assuring compliance with established policies and procedures and other duties as assigned. Examples of responsibilities:
- Coordinates the delivery of patient care for the Surgery Unit, functions as a resource for the nursing staff, facilitates problem solving with staff members and communicates necessary issues to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Provides the leadership skills required of an experienced Registered Nurse, while insuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Maintains quality delivery of patient care by completing patient assignments in compliance with the Nursing Process, the California Nurse Practice Act, and established hospital policies and procedures.
- Is able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Completes the supervisory activities of the Surgery Unit, inclusive of staffing, scheduling, monitoring staffing hours, assisting with the establishment, review and/or revision of policies and procedures, and assisting with completion of annual staff evaluations.
- Promotes an environment that encourages team building by courteously, cooperatively and effectively working with physicians, ancillary, nursing and other support personnel in maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice in the multidisciplinary setting
- Provides orientation and training for new staff members and assists with the completion of Competency Skills Checklists.
- Gathers information regarding educational needs of all members of the Surgery Unit and provides in-service training. Assists with budget preparation
Degree / Licensure / Certification / Registration: Valid Kansas R.N. licensure required. Must have current BLS at time of hire; ACLS and PALS within 1 year of hire..
Experience Required: § Experience in working with all age population is necessary § One year of management experience and demonstration of strong leadership skills § Completed Competency Based Skills Checklists for unit § Completed Competency Based Skills Checklists for Labor and Delivery Nurse Manager position * * Special Skills & Qualifications: § Must possess the ability to delegate tasks to subordinate team members and oversee their performance. Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with team members, all levels of staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts. Must possess the ability to effectively function in a stressful environment.. Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: Telephone / Overhead Paging System / Fax Machine / Calculator / Computer / Wheelchair / Gurney / Hospital Beds. Completed Competency Based Skills Checklists for unit(s) assigned. Must be able to demonstrate the skills required to provide orientation and training for the nursing staff. Must have the skills to function as a resource for the nursing staff. § Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the nursing process, as well as JCAHO,Californiaregulatory agencies § Ability to demonstrate knowledge of, and assure compliance with, established Nursing Department policies and procedures § Must be able to effectively participate in Quality Improvement Activities, inclusive of participation in Quality Teams § Must demonstrate the required skills to prepare and complete accurate and timely paperwork § Ability to work day shift, night shift or weekends as needed. Must be willing to take call as requested, and work overtime as required § Must have demonstrated the required skills, and be willing to participate in, nursing administration committees. § Must demonstrate professional behavior in a manner that is a “role model” for the staff Must demonstrate support, within the hospital and community, for the goals and objectives of the hospital administration § Must be able to demonstrate the skills required to provide orientation and training for the nursing staff. Must have the skills to function as a resource for the nursing staff
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Western Plains Medical Complex
Title: Surgical Services Director
Location: Kansas-Dodge City
Requisition ID: 7453-1862