ADM Production Specialist in Dodge City, Kansas
Operations: Manufacturing, Production, Maintenance, Utilities
Production Specialist | Entry Level
Location: Dodge City, KS
Job Type: Full Time, Hourly
Pay Range: $18.74 an hour
Shift(s) Available: The shift schedule includes an 8-hour shift. Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays with advance notice as needed.
Apply Now! Text ADMDODGE to 53827
· Benefits Start First Day
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
· Health and Wellness Incentives
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
· 401K/ESOP, pension with ADM (Archer Daniels Midland) matching contributions
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
· Short & Long-Term Disability
· Company Paid Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees,’ Spouse and Children
· Maternity and Paternity Leave
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Advancement Opportunities
· Weekly Pay
· Perks at work (discount program with several companies)
This is an entry-level position which will be in a union workforce. You will gain knowledge of the facility, general department knowledge, and handle tasks through completion of tasks and look for ways to improve the process and personal performance. Laborers are expected to perform a variety of jobs, tasks or duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintain, monitor and adjust equipment
· Utilize computer systems to input and record data as required in regard to safety, sanitation, maintenance, and processing equipment operation
· Work in a fast-paced environment to complete various processes including weighing, bagging, packing, unpacking, labeling, and storing products and sanitizing around facility (sweeping, compressed air cleaning)
· Interact regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
· Communicate with team/shift employees concerning proper operation of equipment, changes in flow rates or processing capabilities safety concerns, product quality issues and maintenance issues
· Operate forklifts
· Understand and adhere to ADM's Safety, Environmental Compliance and Food Quality and goal of achieving a zero-injury culture.
· Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
· Exhibit regular and prompt attendance and maintain attendance record in accordance with company policy
· Operating equipment associated with the loadout and unloading process for bulk materials including trucks and/or rail cars, forklifts, skid steers, utilizing scales, pumps, conveyor, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
· Ability to understand and effectively communicate in English (verbal/written)
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Experience in production and/or similar military environment (preferred)
On-the-Job Training Requirements:
· Complete ADM safety, food safety, quality, and environmental training
· Participate in company planned operations training
· Equipment training may include but not limited to JLG, forklift, non-DOT truck, reach lift, etc.
· Ambient conditions – Work area is, typically, a non-air-conditioned production environment. Hot or cold Temperatures, all seasonal elements, both indoors and outdoors
· Atmosphere: Dust and odor
· Must be able to work around noise levels that may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift
· Company provided protective clothing required: Uniforms, hardhats, earplugs, safety glasses, hair restraints, steel-toed shoes, gloves, and safety harness may be required based on task performed; employees are required to wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) (i.e., hard-hats, safety glasses, earplugs, uniforms, and steel-toed boots) in addition to job specific PPE requirements. *Employees in roles that require respirators will need to be clean shaven.
· Ability to move about or to a work site by ascending/descending stairs, bending, kneeling and prolonged periods of standing and sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently
· Ability to operate equipment or machinery that may be located at different heights; may require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights or in confined spaces
· Ability to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 55 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds overhead
· Requires ability and willingness to wear respirators
· Ability to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a workday
· Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice as needed
· The shift schedule includes an 8-hour shift
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
KS - Kansas
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.