Kansas Department of Commerce Outreach Worker (Program Specialist II) 209641 in Dodge City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12676071
Program Specialist II provide the full array of job candidate and employer services. The position is located at the Dodge City Workforce Center. Valid Driver License and ability to travel to communities throughout the local area or other assigned locales. On rare occasions, overnight travel will be required.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide services to agricultural workers and employers
- Conduct outreach to Migrant Seasonal Farm Workers (MSFWs) to ensure they receive equitable access to important workforce related services and referrals
- Communicate in both English and Spanish to promote programs and services to farm workers and agriculture employers
- Assist employers in meeting their hiring needs
- Provide information about complaint/concern processes
- Work with partner agencies such as SER, and Migrant Ed, Kansas Statewide Farmworkers Health Program
- Attend community meetings and events to promote programs
- Conducting on site field visits to H-2A employers to observe workers and terms and conditions of employment specified in the H-2A Clearance Order
- Conduct Housing Inspections for the H-2A Foreign Labor Certification Program
- Assist job seekers in their search for employment by providing an orientation of the Workforce Center services, rsum assistance,KANSASWORKS.com registration and job search assistance
Pay starts at \$16.16/hr., then staff enter the Kansas Registered Apprentice Program the beginning of the year after hire where pay increases to \$17.39/hr. at the end of the first year, and to \$19.16/hr. at the end of the second year.
The Kansas Registered Apprentice Program is a structured training program where staff gain specific skills and competencies enabling them to fill multiple roles within the workforce system.