Derby Public Schools Lunchroom/Recess Para (Level 1) - 2 hrs/day, Stone Creek in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12345948
Purpose: The Lunchroom/Recess Paraprofessional assists the students during lunch and recess. This person must supervise children to ensure a positive safe environment during lunch/recess time to eat and enjoy recess time. To accomplish these tasks, the Lunchroom/Recess Paraprofessional works closely with the staff and administration of Derby Public Schools.
Responsible to: Principal
Salary: Instructional Support Hourly Rate Schedule, Level 1
Classification of Employment: Non-Exempt
Date: January 2021
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Desire to continue career improvement.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- a. Assist in supervising the students during lunch and recess.
- b. Assist in responding to the individual needs of students.
- c. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district.
- d. Direct movement of groups to and from lunchroom and playground in a safe and organized manner.
- e. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- f. Support the value of education.
- g. Support the philosophy and mission of Derby Public Schools.
2. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- a. Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- b. Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- c. Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend and reach.
- d. Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- e. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Assist in the supervision of students during lunch and recess.
- Observe, record and report student behavior.
- Use appropriate behavior management techniques to maintain a positive climate
- Set high expectations for student behavior.
- Communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with colleagues, supervisors and students.
- Assist in providing for the special physical needs of students.
- Immediately report accidents, assaults, and destruction of property and abusive behavior to the instructor and principal.
- Assist in lunchroom clean up.
- See that district and building policies are observed during lunch and recess.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.