Derby Public Schools Instructional Para (Level 2) - Tanglewood Elementary in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12532140
Job Title: Instructional Para (Level 2) - Tanglewood
Position Type: Teacher and Building Support Staff/Instructional Support Paraprofessional\ Date Posted: 05/12/2023
Location: Tanglewood Elementary
Date Available: August 2023
Rate of Pay and Job Description This position is a Level 2 on the Instructional Support hourly rate schedule. Pay is determined by years of applicable, paid experience. \$10.79-\$15.44/hr (2022-23 rate schedule)
Purpose: The Instructional Paraprofessional assists the instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks, the Instructional Paraprofessional works closely with the staff and administration of Derby Public Schools.
Responsible to: Principal\ Salary: Instructional Support Hourly Rate Schedule, Level 2\ Classification of Employment: Non-Exempt
Qualifications:\ 1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.\ 2 Desire to continue career improvement.\ 3. Valid Kansas driver\'s license.\ 4. If assigned to a Title I school must have at least 48 college hours or pass a para assessment test.
Essential Functions:\ 1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- a. Assist in facilitating the personal, social and intellectual development of students.
- b. Assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- c. Ensure that all activities conform to district and cooperative guidelines.
- d. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district, and community.
- e. React to change productively, and handle tasks as assigned.
- f. Effectively use technology and equipment as required.
- g. Support the value of education.
- h. Support the philosophy and mission of the school district.
- i. Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
2. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- a. Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- b. Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- c. Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend and reach.
- d. Requires the ability to occasionally travel.
- e. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- f. Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.
- g. Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Assist in the instruction and supervision of students.
- Observe, record and report student behavior.
- Assist with small group and individual instruction.
- Monitor student progress.
- Assist students in games and in the proper use of playground equipment.
- Use appropriate behavior management techniques to maintain a positive climate for learning.
- Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Assist in providing for the special physical needs of students.
- Escort/transport students to and from various school facilities and areas.
- Provide mealtime supervision as needed.
- Grades papers and assist with record keeping.
- Take attendance and record absences.
- Prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
- Assist in the maintenance and inventory of materials.
- Work effectively with students, teachers, parents, community agencies and other groups.
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines.
- Immediately report accidents, assaults, and destruction of pro erty and abusive behavior to the instructor and principal.
- See that district policies are observed during all activities.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal, which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications of the position.