Derby Public Schools Bus Driver (multiple positions) in Derby, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12542399
Position Title: Bus Driver (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 2985
Position Type: Operations: Transportation, Supply/Bus Driver
Date Posted: 04/04/2023
Location: Transportation/Supply Center
Purpose: The bus driver provides clean, safe, and reliable transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities. To accomplish these tasks the bus driver must work closely with the staff and administration of Derby Public Schools.
Responsible to: Transportation and Supply Supervisor
Salary: Transportation/Supply Hourly Rate Schedule, Level 5; Pay is determined by years of applicable, paid experience: \$15.82 - \$20.37/hr.
Classification of Employment: Non-Exempt
- 1. Valid Kansas commercial drivers license (CDL).
- 2. Meet all state requirements for bus drivers, including Defensive Driving and First Aid Certification.
- 3. Successfully complete agility and reaction time test.
- 4. Successfully complete a two hour behind-the-wheel training program.
- 5. Complete required physical examination for bus drivers.
- 6. Desire to continue career improvement.
1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- a. Provide clean, safe, and reliable transportation to ensure that students enjoy the full advantage of school district programs and activities.
- b. Ensure that all activities conform to state school transportation guidelines.
- c. Communicate effectively with all members of the school district and community.
- d. React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.
- e. Appropriately operate all vehicles and equipment as required.
- f. Support the value of an education.
- g. Support the philosophy and mission of Derby Public Schools.
- h. Comply with all district policies, rules and regulations.
2. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- a. Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- b. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials.
- c. Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
- d. Requires climbing and balancing.
- e. Requires driving skills, including ability to operate a vehicle at night.
- f. Requires lengthy and overnight travel.
- g. Requires agility necessary to quickly and safely exit drivers seat and rear emergency door.
- h. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- i. Must be able to work in noisy, crowded, stressful environments.
- j. Must be able to work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
- k. Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Abide by all Kansas school transportation regulations.
- Provide safe and orderly transportation to and from school and school-related activities.
- Maintain assigned schedule.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Maintain student discipline.
- Abide by all traffic laws.
- Inspect bus prior to each route or activity trip, and file inspection forms with the transportation supervisor.
- Maintain bus in clean condition and inform the transportation supervisor whenever a bus is received in unsatisfactory condition.
- Immediately notify the transportation supervisor if the route is running late or of mechanical failure.
- Inform the transportation supervisor of routine maintenance and repair required.
- Report all accidents and file required accident reports with the transportation supervisor.
- Wash and clean bus on an established schedule
- Assist mechanic with maintenance and repair as needed.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the transportation supervisor or administrative staff which are consistent with the general requirements and qualifications for the position.