Rehrig Pacific Quality Inspector- 1st shift - 3123-6039 in De Soto, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12828015 Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
Quality Inspector- 1st Shift - 7am-3:30pm
The Quality Assurance Technician maintains quality excellence of our products while working safely with the production and management teams.
- Complete First Part Approvals (FPAs) on every order to ensure work order accuracy against production.
- Measure and document part specifications several times a shift.
- Alert Quality Manager of any deviations in part quality and place suspect product in need of rework on hold.
- Validate the functionality of various components received from suppliers.
- Confirm cycle efficiencies against process change documentation.
- Work with Processing, Tooling, Production, and Engineering on quality issues that arise until product is back to standard quality.
- Approve product in warehouse is ready to ship.
- Contribute to team effort by leading in-house product rework and 5s initiatives.
- Advocate safety and safety projects throughout the plant.
- Work with Quality Manager on quality improvement projects.
- Communicate with other Quality Assurance Tech between shift changes on recent quality issues and wins.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with production on quality issues and improvements.
- Allocate time towards self-improvement through training and team meetings.
- Perform any other duties assigned to support the team.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to prioritize daily responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Injection molding experience a plus
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also here.