Rehrig Pacific Floor Assistant - 2963-6039 in De Soto, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12761705 Don\'t let another GREAT opportunity pass you by. Join our team in a GREAT PLACE-to-WORK CERTIFIED environment. We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated, communicative individual who is not afraid of a fast-paced, family-oriented company that treats you as a person and not just a number. Competitive starting wages with an excellent benefits package.
Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
The purpose of the Floor Assistant is to serve as a point person and assistant for the Shift Supervisor and Manager. This lead role is responsible for overseeing a set of machines and performing various functions to ensure production runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Start up and shut down all machines, water, air, and material systems in work area.
- Perform setup for production changes to ensure everything is in line with customer specifications. This includes setting up brand plates and hot stamping machines, performing color and material changes, verifying and adjusting material blends.
- Perform work according to standards and verify that machine operators are following safety standards and product work instructions.
- Lead all safety initiatives in work area.
- Troubleshoot basic machine and processing problems.
- Monitor alternative material usage and verify machines are running to standard cycles.
- Ensure work cells are stocked with all necessary components (wheels, etc.).
- Review work orders and prepare setup for oncoming shift.
- May be asked to record scrap or other performance indicators.
- Effectively perform machine operator duties on any machine, filling in as needed and during breaks.
- Perform end of day duties before the next shift takeover.
- Properly complete all production paperwork.
- Maintain and oversee cleanliness and organization of work area (5S).
- High School diploma
- Previous experience as a team lead in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 yrs. Previous injection molding experience preferred
- Need to be self-motivated and able to think independently.
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Excel, Word, & Power point
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also here.